By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Over 3 million Xbox One's Sold to Consumers in 2013

Go Xbox One!

Around the Network

that yield issue
man i was even .5 mil below that with estimated normal production

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Sony announcement of 3.Xm in

True.

WIth your history and experience of following these things, how sure can we be of the wording in this PR release by MS in that its truly actual consoles sold to customers and not just shipped to retailers?

Its sold through.  It says so.

But manufacturers never TRULY know that figure do they, be it Sony or MS.

Yeah, they don't truly know, so what should we make of this PR release? Do you have a hunch of what it... how this 3 million sold-to-consumers-number might translate into possible shipments numbers in the Q4 2013 for MS Xbox One? Maybe that's a strange question but I think you understand what I mean sort of.

What can we hope for, 3.5 million, even 4 million shipped during 2013?

good job MS

Above & Beyond

Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:

True.

WIth your history and experience of following these things, how sure can we be of the wording in this PR release by MS in that its truly actual consoles sold to customers and not just shipped to retailers?

Yeah, they don't truly know, so what should we make of this PR release? Do you have a hunch of what it... how this 3 million sold-to-consumers-number might translate into possible shipments numbers in the Q4 2013 for MS Xbox One? Maybe that's a strange question but I think you understand what I mean sort of.

Yes they do know, they track day one updates. 3.5 million seems realistic

Around the Network

Just shows that Xbox One hater "vocal minority" really was a vocal minority.

"We got them now...hit them with DRM captain!"

Hoorayy

Should have a fairly good Q1 then.

WiiU shipped 3.45m in 2013 and only sold like 2.3m of that??

IF MS have shipped a similar amount, with nowhere near 1m stock on shelves, they will easily surpass the 390k WiiU shipped in Q1.

toastboy44562 said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:

True.

Yes they do know, they track day one updates. 3.5 million seems realistic

What's day one updates? You mean the mandatory internet patch updates that every new Xbone needs to be functioning?

Yes but MS doesn't have any past historical sales to compare with since the X360 didn't demand any internet connectivity. Let's say 95% of all new Xbone users connect to the internet during the first 24 hours. But what if that number is just 80%? It's hard to deduct the actual physical Xbone sales from the number of Day One internet updates.

3,000,001 is still a possibility.