By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Over 3 million Xbox One's Sold to Consumers in 2013

superchunk said:
Seece said:
superchunk said:
Just because MS says "to consumers" it is only a guess.

It doesn't mean its a fact nor does it mean its official and perfect.

They are assuming that some % of their shipped figures have been sold to consumers and that figure is somewhere just above 3m.

VGC's figures are just as accurate and not a 'tad' under anything.

BS, they have far more info than VGC.

Day one updates will be a big help in determining sales too. Every single one has to connect to the net to work.

2.9xx million and "over 3m" is statistically identical.

Day one updates. They wouldn't say over 3m if it was 2.9m they've shown in the past they wouldn't do that.

Around the Network
Seece said:
superchunk said:
Seece said:
superchunk said:

They are assuming that some % of their shipped figures have been sold to consumers and that figure is somewhere just above 3m.

Day one updates will be a big help in determining sales too. Every single one has to connect to the net to work.

Day one updates. They wouldn't say over 3m if it was 2.9m they've shown in the past they wouldn't do that.

All I'm saying is its statistically the same thing.

The real number could be 3.01m or it could be 3.25 or it could be 3.4.... point is MS doesn't even know exactly, they are just 9x% confident its over 3m. Just as VGC is 9x% confident its 2.9xxm.

Statistically, it doesn't matter... you can safely assume Xbone is around 3m at this point, just as PS4 is around 4m and Wii U is around 5m. Some of you get too caught up on the small numbers and forget all this info from any source (except hard shipment numbers) are nothing more than educated guesses.

superchunk said:
Seece said:
superchunk said:

Give it up. Isn´t it great news that both X1 and PS4 are off to a great start? X1 sold over 3 mn so it is slitghtly undertracked, and I would be ever so happy if PS4 aswell as WiiU sold better than expected, that means our favourite occupation (video games) might have a wonderful future afterall :).

Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
Seece said:
Should have a fairly good Q1 then.

WiiU shipped 3.45m in 2013 and only sold like 2.3m of that??

IF MS have shipped a similar amount, with nowhere near 1m stock on shelves, they will easily surpass the 390k WiiU shipped in Q1.

Wait a bit, the Wii U shipped only 390K in a full quarter (Q1 2013 I presume)?

And btw, whats your reason to you compare Xbone with a struggling console? PS4 is the console to compare it with, even though the Xbone will prob lose to Sony this gen there's no two ways around that fact. They're the unshakable hardcore gaming twins. Nobody can deny that Wii U is borderline irrelevant and thus is hardly something to measure to. (I'm just thinking out loud so I can hear how people reason, not attacking you Seece).

You probably didn't really follow the WiiU shipments then because that was the WiiU's second best quarter.

(using calendar quarters)
Q4 2012 - 3.06m
Q1 2013 - 0.39m
Q2 2013 - 0.16m
Q3 2013 - 0.30m
Q4 2014 - 2.00m ??? (guesstimate)

Damn, I've been combining Q4 and Q1 for WIiU for ages, so it did 3.06m.

Carl2291 said:
Does anyone have a link to any 2013 sales predictions?

I remember there was a poll where the majority of people thought it would sell less than like 400k in 2013.

Around the Network

I honestly didn't think they would make that number. That's quite an accomplishment if you ask me, especially for being the higher priced console. Great news for the video game industry.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Jolly Good show! Well done to the Xbox One. The comeback from what was probably gonna be an abysmal launch when the May announcement came out is pretty amazing.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
Seece said:
Should have a fairly good Q1 then.

WiiU shipped 3.45m in 2013 and only sold like 2.3m of that??

IF MS have shipped a similar amount, with nowhere near 1m stock on shelves, they will easily surpass the 390k WiiU shipped in Q1.

Wait a bit, the Wii U shipped only 390K in a full quarter (Q1 2013 I presume)?

And btw, whats your reason to you compare Xbone with a struggling console? PS4 is the console to compare it with, even though the Xbone will prob lose to Sony this gen there's no two ways around that fact. They're the unshakable hardcore gaming twins. Nobody can deny that Wii U is borderline irrelevant and thus is hardly something to measure to. (I'm just thinking out loud so I can hear how people reason, not attacking you Seece).

You probably didn't really follow the WiiU shipments then because that was the WiiU's second best quarter.

(using calendar quarters)
Q4 2012 - 3.06m
Q1 2013 - 0.39m
Q2 2013 - 0.16m
Q3 2013 - 0.30m
Q4 2014 - 2.00m ??? (guesstimate)

Oh my God. And I always thought Microsoft's 1.1 million for a Quarter were pathetic and almost impossibly low.

Oh, how the mighty has fallen.

superchunk said:

Given the higher price and year long bad PR, this is a very nice surprise. Even surpassed 360 launch numbers by more then 2.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.