By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will carry US and Europe

Vladimir7 said:
First of all, to the one who said nobody likes kinect, Not only is that statement an absolute but it is also wrong. Ofcourse we don't enjoy it being forced but most people who bought it have enjoyed it and felt it was quite futuristic. A.k.a True Next gen not just better graphics.

And second i doubt microsoft will take over in europe with the One. Maybe might get the lead in US and UK tho. I mean look at it, its $100 more expensive yet it sales per week in US are close to the ps4.

Also the xbox one is available in 13 countries and ps4 in 48 yet the sales are 2.5 to 3.4 mill respectively. So the Xbox one isnt that far behind and its safe to be optimistic.

The major markets already got Xbone with the exception of Japan of course. The situation won't change much.

Around the Network

Vladimir7 said:
First of all, to the one who said nobody likes kinect, Not only is that statement an absolute but it is also wrong. Ofcourse we don't enjoy it being forced but most people who bought it have enjoyed it and felt it was quite futuristic. A.k.a True Next gen not just better graphics.

Just because it's a bit interesting while it's there doesn't mean it's worth $100 more for an otherwise weaker hardware.

It can be a separate, optional accessory.  It isn't used in very interesting ways in most games.  Even Polygon - one of the biggest Xbox supporting review sites - said it's usage in RYSE is not fun.

Fighter Within, a Kinect fighting game for X1 has a metacritic of 24.  It's not for bad graphics, it's because of absolutely shit Kinect gameplay.

Vladimir7 said:

I mean look at it, its $100 more expensive yet it sales per week in US are close to the ps4. 

While the PS4 is sold out everywhere.

On Amazon where the Xbox One has been in stock for 3 weeks, it's ranked at #16 and falling.  Meanwhile PS4 appears a bit and sells out rising to #1, and the top selling items in videogames are PSN cards - so people are most likely converting their christmas Amazon giftcards into PSN money.

We'll see (maybe today?) how well XB1 is selling but it may not be pretty.

My 8th gen collection

dont forget the NSA aura that m$ has atm, europe is pissed, realy pissed, and its far more sensitiv than the US, there were 100.000 people in warsaw on the streets against acta,,,they real dont like to be spyed on..

Yep, and Q1 2016, the world will be dominated by aliens

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

While I think this is a joke thread, let me still make a counter prediction.

By 2015 the X1 will be the Wii U2 in Europe, with the exception of the UK. Sales in mainland Europe are horrendous, if we are honest to ourselves and games like Halo, while certainly not unpopular here, have not close to the same pull as they have in the US.

Around the Network

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH

funniest thread yet

XBOX360 ended up as a distant third even though it lauched a year before the Wii and 17 months before the PS3, to think that XBONE is going to sell in the European countries where it hasn't even released yet and won't for another six months is delusional. XBone will end up at third place in Europe, again. The UK is its only shot in it will not be enough to end up ahead of at least PS4

Kinect is a really big value among families and kids, so it does have big attraction there. However, there is no chance whatsoever for MS to take Europe unless they undercuts PS4 in price and get som big exclusives in Europe (like Fifa :P) so that players migrate to X1. PS is to strong of a brand in Europe otherwise.

I really don't think so. First of all, people doesn't seem to like Kinect at all right now. Perhaps if MS would have some great games using Kinect but so far there are none. In some games which could have been at least mediocre, bad Kinect controls are actually ruining experience. Unless they something unique and interesting with Kinect, it actually hurts X1 more that it helps sales.

And exclusives don't really matter as much as they used to because all biggest franchises are multiplatform and are released on both consoles. AC, COD, FIFA and GTA etc are all released on both consoles and are bigger than almost all of the exclusive games. Yes, even FIFA which is absolutely huge in europe, bigger than Halo there. So a lot of people buy console for multiplatform games, not for exclusive games. Exclusive games do help sales a lot but they alone won't determine the winner. Unless there are some absolutely huge exclusives but I haven't seen any on either console yet (Halo is big in USA but not in Europe).

well at least you didn't say it will dominate in japan :P