By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will carry US and Europe

You people must realize that Europeans are very open minded people. Sure some are loyal to Sony but when they have to choose from A. a console that offers Kinect+Console+Great games VS. B. a console that has inferior online/no games. BOTH for the same price. Of course they will go with A. Common sense.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:
You people must realize that Europeans are very open minded people. Sure some are loyal to Sony but when they have to choose from A. a console that offers Kinect+Console+Great games VS. B. a console that has inferior online/no games. BOTH for the same price. Of course they will go with A. Common sense.

Is this a joke thread? Seriously what?

JoeTheBro said:
FattyDingDong said:

Explain why you disagree.

Hoping against hope.

360 had everything going for it but couldn't take Europe. XB1 is in a much tougher situation than 360. I don't think they will ever win in Europe, and I think they will have a tough time in US too.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Hoping against hope.

360 had everything going for it but couldn't take Europe. XB1 is in a much tougher situation than 360. I don't think they will ever win in Europe, and I think they will have a tough time in US too.

To be frank I think that Xbox One has a chance to take over Japan too. Unlikely but possible. If Microsofts wants to they could have deals with Japanese developers and have them make exclusive games on the Xbox One that would appeal to Japanese gamers. I think that Microsoft has a lot of money they could use it on these things. 

Around the Network

that will never happen.. have you already forgotten how expensive the ps3 was compared to the 360? even so, ALL of mainland europe favoured the 360.. most people in europe plays a combination between PC and consoles... if a playstation is too expensive i have learned that people would rather just upgrade their PC and then buy it once it drops in price. those who bought xbox360 when they couldnt afford a ps3 was really just those desperate to play GTAiv or to the new kids who didnt have any attachment to the ps2 which was in freaking every household in EU...

something i dont completely however is WHY there is such apathy towards the Xbox brand.. HALO is still bigger than most playstation exclusives. i guess it also comes down to the network effect which MS won in the US.... the older costumers decide what system is most popular right? it will influence the purchase decision of a little brother or son.. then his friends will all want to be able to play with each other. for that reason i see a miracle before the xbox one will outsell the ps4 in europe... a price cut might just do it for them in the US though.

I agree that Xbox One might be able to win the US, but everything else seems very unlikely. Unlike US-americans and japanese (who are clearly biased towards their "local" brands), europeans are not at risk of being influenced by "patriotic sentiments" when buying video game consoles, as neither Sony nor Microsoft are european companies. They will simply buy the best product - which is why they chose PS2 over Xbox, PS3 over Xbox 360, and now PS4 over Xbox One.

Sure, Microsoft can easily drop the price of the Xbox One. And they'll soon do, considering how clear PS4 is currently winning against Xbox One. But Sony can drop prices too - and if a Xbox One price cut should really turn the situation around, they will.

dyremose said:
that will never happen.. have you already forgotten how expensive the ps3 was compared to the 360? even so, ALL of mainland europe favoured the 360.. most people in europe plays a combination between PC and consoles... if a playstation is too expensive i have learned that people would rather just upgrade their PC and then buy it once it drops in price. those who bought xbox360 when they couldnt afford a ps3 was really just those desperate to play GTAiv or to the new kids who didnt have any attachment to the ps2 which was in freaking every household in EU...

something i dont completely however is WHY there is such apathy towards the Xbox brand.. HALO is still bigger than most playstation exclusives. i guess it also comes down to the network effect which MS won in the US.... the older costumers decide what system is most popular right? it will influence the purchase decision of a little brother or son.. then his friends will all want to be able to play with each other. for that reason i see a miracle before the xbox one will outsell the ps4 in europe... a price cut might just do it for them in the US though.

As far as I know, MS does not put as much effort in countries outside of NA, UK, Germany, France, Australia. The marketing is not as good, and the support for apps and Xbox live is not as good. So that could be a reason why people would ignore the brand.

FattyDingDong said:
JoeTheBro said:
FattyDingDong said:

Explain why you disagree.

It was really the "no games" part that made me think you were joking. Your VS. statement is incredibly biased but by the end I thought it was so out there that it was satire.

How in the world does XBONE have great games while the PS4 has no games? PS4 certainly wins the multiplats, and both have comparable exclusives.

Let's be honest here: Microsoft fucked up real bad when it comes to publicity and all. They are officially considered "the bad guys" right now among most gamers. Same as Sony in 2006. They can't undo that damage with a price cut. They will have to work their asses off for years with a steady stream of games and services you can't get anywhere else. Same as Sony did in the last years. You have to earn trust from a customer.

Right now, X1 doesn't stand a chance, not in the US, not in Europe, not anywhere. Demand for PS4 is still stupidly high with the system selling at about 600 Dollars on ebay at times. X1 is readily available just about everywhere and is still selling significantly less. If things continue this way, PS4 will dominate completely. But Microsoft still has time for a turn around. It's just that that isn't a simple thing to do. So I wouldn't bet on it.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.