By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will carry US and Europe

Given USA isn't even a lock for Xb one at this point I can't see any rationality behind a prediction of Europe dominance. Unless there is a killer app for Kinect that appeals broadly in Europe then Kinect is actually dead weight for Xb one there, it's in no way an advantage now or in the forseeable future. Just look at how Europe avoided Kinect on 360 compared to USA http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Kinect+Adventures&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200. 14 million in USA, 4 million in Europe. That's over a 3:1 ratio, whereas the ratio for Xbox360 itself is only 1.8:1. The appeal isn't there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

I predict that by Q1 2015 Xbox One will outsell PS4 in US and in Europe. Not just in UK but also in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scandanavia etc.  Everyone knows that the Xbox One is the better product it has kinect + the console. But the downside is that it's $100 more than the PS4. That's why its losing terrority in the US and Europe right now. I predict that by the end 2014 Microsoft will cut the price to $399 without removing the Kinect.  Yes I know that they will lose money. But it's Microsoft after all. They are filthy rich. They can afford it. Thus the people will see that the Xbox is the better value so they will go with Xbox One. Plus by fall of 2014 Xbox will have so many great games to choose from such as, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza, Titanfall, Quantum Break etc. 

I predict that this will happen. A lot of people don't realize that Microsoft will do what ever it takes to be number 1.

What do you think?

US? Maybe

Europe? NEVER

XB1 outselling Sony's home console in Spain? Something not even the Wii in its early years could do? Good luck with that.

Pick one at random...any will suffice

https://www.google.com/search?q=facepalm&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aojKUpjIOMjDtAb1noCQAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=900

FattyDingDong said:

To be frank I think that Xbox One has a chance to take over Japan too. Unlikely but possible. If Microsofts wants to they could have deals with Japanese developers and have them make exclusive games on the Xbox One that would appeal to Japanese gamers. I think that Microsoft has a lot of money they could use it on these things. 

Oh you think third time's the charm, right?

Around the Network

Hard to believe that this isn't a joke thread.

If it isn't, then I would guess that it will be extremely hard to win Europe and impossible for japan.

It is near the end of the end....

animegaming said:
well at least you didn't say it will dominate in japan :P

Actually....he did say that later in the thread.....smh I am with others adn thought this was a joke thread.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Landguy said:
Hard to believe that this isn't a joke thread.

If it isn't, then I would guess that it will be extremely hard to win Europe and impossible for japan.

I was thinking the same thing. I am not sure if this si a serious thread or not so I am lost on how to reply.

If he is serious US yeah I think the XB1 will take that but Europe that would take something EXTREME Sony is just far to strong in Europe. And he even said he thinks they have a chance at Japan that's what made me really think it was a joke thread they will NEVER take Japan sorry just no on that one.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

do troll/joke threads help with your depression?

FattyDingDong said:

I predict that by Q1 2015 Xbox One will outsell PS4 in US and in Europe. Not just in UK but also in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scandanavia etc.  Everyone knows that the Xbox One is the better product it has kinect + the console. But the downside is that it's $100 more than the PS4. That's why its losing terrority in the US and Europe right now. I predict that by the end 2014 Microsoft will cut the price to $399 without removing the Kinect.  Yes I know that they will lose money. But it's Microsoft after all. They are filthy rich. They can afford it. Thus the people will see that the Xbox is the better value so they will go with Xbox One. Plus by fall of 2014 Xbox will have so many great games to choose from such as, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza, Titanfall, Quantum Break etc. 

I predict that this will happen. A lot of people don't realize that Microsoft will do what ever it takes to be number 1.

What do you think?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron