By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will carry US and Europe

Angelv577 said:

I don't like his theads. I've never seen him replying to user. Anyway another prediction failed but don't feel bad about it, toastboy is still ahead.

His threads are off the mark because he greatly misunderstands the video game markets in the US and Europe. Americans have no allegiance to any video game brand and are a fickle bunch. They'll go with what they think offers better value. That was why PS3 didn't do well as the PS2 and now, the X1 is not doing well as the 360. I don't even know why Europe was part of the conversation.

And two of the exclusives the OP mentioned have gone to PC with others on limbo...

Around the Network

"Europe? Not even the slightest hint of a chance. Even the US is looking like a stretch."

Yup, I stand by this. The only edit I might make is in saying that it's starting to look less and less likely that the Xbox One takes the U.S.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

^Bit premature to say that don't you think? Europe was gone long ago however I believe that X1 can close the gap this next 2 months to the ps4 in US, with halo, and great deals

Aura7541 said:
Angelv577 said:

I don't like his theads. I've never seen him replying to user. Anyway another prediction failed but don't feel bad about it, toastboy is still ahead.

His threads are off the mark because he greatly misunderstands the video game markets in the US and Europe. Americans have no allegiance to any video game brand and are a fickle bunch. They'll go with what they think offers better value.

No. If we cared about value, iPhone wouldn't be the best selling flagship. American's care about one thing and one thing only when purchasing things like game consoles... cool factor. Nothing sells here unless it's deemed "cool" or "hip." It doesn't matter whether it's quality (RROD/DRE) and it doesn't matter how much it costs. The ONLY thing that matters is if said item is going to make you appear cool in the eyes of your peers. If it will, it's purchased in volume.

The PS4 is the "cool" console this gen. End of story.

FightingSmile said:
^Bit premature to say that don't you think? Europe was gone long ago however I believe that X1 can close the gap this next 2 months to the ps4 in US, with halo, and great deals

Great deals already failed, hypes exclusives failed.  Price cut failed.  Yet in the next two months for reasons that already have been shown failures, X1 will some how do it now.  

Just no.

Only way X1 out sales PS4 for even a week is 299 price and Halo5 with a 500million dollar ad campaign.

Around the Network

I predict that the world at large will continue hating Microsoft for a long while now.

I think toasters will outsell both the PS4 and X1. Toasters can take in multiple pieces of bread and various variety of bread. The hardware is stronger, cheaper and can withstand high temperatures. It's family friendly, has no drm and is totally badass.

Fei-Hung said:
I think toasters will outsell both the PS4 and X1. Toasters can take in multiple pieces of bread and various variety of bread. The hardware is stronger, cheaper and can withstand high temperatures. It's family friendly, has no drm and is totally badass.

wow so toastboy gets the last laugh.