By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will carry US and Europe

I still don't trust Microsoft, knowing that they'll easily re-implement DRM back inside of the console once they got a big enough install base.

Around the Network

I never understood the price cut argument. The best MS can do is lower the price BEFORE Sony. Sony can and will drop the price as well. It will probably be after the Xbox One though, sales are massive so why drop the price?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

It certainly could happen. I wonder if they will start integrating the TV services with the local European areas, and if that would help or not.

Do they have a 'fantasy Football(Soccer) function in Europe like they do for American Football in the states?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

If Microsoft drops the price of the X1 what makes u think Sony won't drop the price of the ps4 to stay on top

Zappykins said:
It certainly could happen. I wonder if they will start integrating the TV services with the local European areas, and if that would help or not.

Do they have a 'fantasy Football(Soccer) function in Europe like they do for American Football in the states?

where i come from Fantasy Sports are not really a thing at all, so it would not be a selling point even if they made it.

edit:

this is of course my opinion on the subject, it is not to be taken as facts.

Around the Network

America? yes
Europe? A huge Nooo!!!
WW: NO

As others have said, FAT CHANCE! EU is, and will remain for this gen, Sony country. It launched ahead of Xbox One in every region there. Sony sold more in week one in the UK than MS sold in 2 weeks (250K vs 170K.) Sold 100K in 2 weeks in France, while MS sold 50K in 3. And 80K in 2 weeks in Spain, while MS sold 25K in 3. Xbox One will never take EU.

As for US, I guess it's a possibility, though if it does, it won't be by much. According to a recent report, the PS4 is still ahead of the Xbox One, even with supply issues. Now, imagine how sales would be if there were enough PS4s to still have some on shelves, like Xbox One had. And after launch hype dies down, the price/power advantage will really come into play.

selnor1983 said:
Sony is the now,

Microsoft is the future.

Sony will be swallowed up by a lack of Online infrastructure, and ability to draw in the media apps and services. This will be much more evident from 2015 onwards.

Sony have a small start, but even then Microsoft have So much more exclusive developers this gen to. IMO Sony are in trouble with PS4.

Ironic considering its start to the gen. But its my opinion. I guess we will see.

Out of curiosity Selnor, why do you think MS's 1st party will produce better graphics than Sony's, when they couldn't do it last gen in where the power gap was considerably smaller? Why do you believe that MS exclusives will suddenly skyrocket in quality and Sony's will drop this gen? Because last gen in terms of metacritic scores and overall quality Sony was the clear winner between the two, I don't care how much you like Halo, Forza, and Gears. You're not even guessing these things, they're so illogical you're hoping for them to happen, none of the things you say about Microsoft vs Sony is logical. 

BeElite said:
selnor1983 said:
Sony is the now,

Microsoft is the future.

Sony will be swallowed up by a lack of Online infrastructure, and ability to draw in the media apps and services. This will be much more evident from 2015 onwards.

Sony have a small start, but even then Microsoft have So much more exclusive developers this gen to. IMO Sony are in trouble with PS4.

Ironic considering its start to the gen. But its my opinion. I guess we will see.

Id say thats more a dream then opinion.  MS alreaty tried to be the future, and they reversed their policies casue they got the market SO wrong and caused a massive negative outcry.

X1 cant compete with PS4 pure gaming wise, and media wise its not the main hub of my entertaiment MS wishes it were.  Maybe with updates it can takeover mt tv and cable box, but right now no.

I guess you missed thebit in my post that said Sony is now, MS the future. MS have com out of the gate with a mor varied exclusive lineup than Sony. And 2014 ha plenty more exclusives equally as good as Sony. Gamewise MS are very strong currently.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

If Microsoft drops the price of the X1 what makes u think Sony won't drop the price of the ps4 to stay on top

MS arent chasing % market at this tme. nd its stupid to do so. ITs thei best selling XBox and at a profit. I hope sony aren losing to much money.