By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

Mnementh said:

ryuzaki57 said: MH4 I don't : too expensive for Capcom to run servers in the west for 100-150K sales.

Looking at the sales of MH Tri on Wii (1 million in US and europe), MH3U on WiiU (200K US+Europe) and MH3U on 3DS (>400K US+Europe) it is pretty clear that localization and servers for a new mainline title of the series will be profitable for Capcom. Pretty much no risk involved. The more interesting quetion will be: will Capcom bother and port it to a home-console for western-release or keep it on 3DS only. I hope for a home-console-port.

Where is the evidence for that?

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
Is this a joke? Vitas a dud. Third parties supporting it is just more proof of a biased agenda regarding Nintendo. Not that it matters as the 3DS is dominating. But it is curious. The guy said developing for vita ruined him financially. What idiot would choose an installed base of 7m over 3DS'?

Well I've heard that there still studios doing ports for Wii U. Once you know that it doesn't sound as crazy.

Arius Dion said:
Is this a joke? Vitas a dud. Third parties supporting it is just more proof of a biased agenda regarding Nintendo. Not that it matters as the 3DS is dominating. But it is curious. The guy said developing for vita ruined him financially. What idiot would choose an installed base of 7m over 3DS'?

The kind of person who financially bets on getting through QA on the first attempt and releases a piece of casual-aimed shovelware on the handheld which is mostly targetting home console gamers.

So basically, someone who demonstrated he had no understanding how the videogame market works, pretty much.  I'm sad to hear what happened to him but I had little sympathy after he explained the reasons he was financially ruined.  Heck, his company shelved projects that would be much better suited to Vita to release a compilation of pub games.  GG.

To clarify, though, he admitted on Twitter that Vita wasn't the problem - it was the problems with the studio, not the console.

ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:

ryuzaki57 said: MH4 I don't : too expensive for Capcom to run servers in the west for 100-150K sales.

Looking at the sales of MH Tri on Wii (1 million in US and europe), MH3U on WiiU (200K US+Europe) and MH3U on 3DS (>400K US+Europe) it is pretty clear that localization and servers for a new mainline title of the series will be profitable for Capcom. Pretty much no risk involved. The more interesting quetion will be: will Capcom bother and port it to a home-console for western-release or keep it on 3DS only. I hope for a home-console-port.

Go to the front page and look under 3DS game sales

Mnementh said:
ryuzaki57 said:

None of those are D-rated in Japan. 3DS gets a couple of D-rated games in Japan though, but no one knows about that since they bomb hard.

LOL, yes, this posts confirms it. You're still mad about Bayonetta and Monster Hunter. You're providing no proof at all, but the Vita games are all doing great, while all the 3DS games are automatically bombing hard. Because they're on 3DS, you know.

Conception II sold 19K on Vita and 4K on 3DS

Exstetra sold 13K on Vita and 3K on 3DS

Stardust Amazones (3DS exclusive) sold 6K

High School DxD (3DS exclusive) wasn't even in MC chart

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:
ryuzaki57 said:

None of those are D-rated in Japan. 3DS gets a couple of D-rated games in Japan though, but no one knows about that since they bomb hard.

LOL, yes, this posts confirms it. You're still mad about Bayonetta and Monster Hunter. You're providing no proof at all, but the Vita games are all doing great, while all the 3DS games are automatically bombing hard. Because they're on 3DS, you know.

you just need to stop... You always bring in 3DS worse or vita's advantages but never take the whole thing into an account. Anybody could be an ***hole and make somthing look bad or good by taking away its pros/cons.

Thats like if i compare 3DS software sales to vita's by only listing PokemonXY/MH4 vs Vita games that bombed.

You only talk about nintendo games that bomb but i never hear you once about vita games??? Stop crying already, Its obvious you want nintendo to fail but pointless statements everyday is just so retarded. Just like you stated with LoZ in japan, you downplay it by saying FFX (all 4 sku's) outsold LoZ by a huge margin.... lmao. Why cant both games just have good sales? Oh thats right cuz one is nintendo -_-

Stop being so obvious!!!

ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:

VGChartz has 250K for US and 180K for Europe. Now you say, that all people say then the numbers aren't in their favor: But OMG, VGChartz has nothing right. And I say, that I already reduced the sum (because taking it as it is would amount to 430K). So even considering VGChartz is an estimate, putting it at above 400K is pretty safe.

Interestingly enough you don't argue the main point. Because that wouldn't fit your agenda. So  I make it clear again: All three SKUs have sold far more than the range you gave for MH4. Now we only have to consider, that MH4 sold already far more than these 3 SKUs in Japan and can safely extrapolate that your guess is completely wrong. But guess is the wrong word, isn't that right. Your hope MH4 would sell bad in the West, because it is on the "wrong" platform.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Could you even find more obscure titles? What's with Zero Escape. Not big in sales either, but the second one was on Vita too, so it's comparable. You also list 3DS-exclusives with bad sales. How is Fantasy Life doing? Or etrian Odyssey (IV and millenium girl)? Or Puzzle and Dragons?

The last Media Create: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174641

It has 8 3rd-party-titles charting. None for the Vita. Does so look a platform that doesn't bring money for 3rd-parties? Again, you stated the 3DS gets the bnombing games, while Vitas games are doing good. Looking at the chart it's clear, that 3DS is making more money for third-parties than Vita.

EDIT: To even get more to the point - in the longer chart-list from Famitsu only one game is charting for Vita: God Eater from Namco Bandai at rank 29. Namco has 3 3DS-games at better chart-positions. And Taiko Drum Master for Wii and WiiU(!!!) is charting better than this Vita-game. So I think it's clear, that not only 3rd-parties can make money with 3DS-games in Japan, clearly it's even easier to achieve than with games for Vita.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

you can add atelier rorona remake to the list of likely localisations this year. it was out in japan in november and it's the only one missing from the arland trilogy so far.

NYCrysis said:
Arius Dion said:

The guy who said vita ruined him also made a shitty almost unplayable game. The vita has room to grow as it is techniacally a much better system than the 3ds is and has much more room for growth. 

Room for growth is high because it's a sales dud. Technical ability means nothing, especially in the handheld sphere. The vita is the new game gear. Devs support it at their own peril. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.