By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

Rogerioandrade said:
There are a few 3DS games missing:

Professor Layton & the Azran Legacy (Level 5, Americas release)
Persona Dungeon Q (Atlus, June)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Sega, February)
One Piece: Romance Down (Namco, February, Americas)
The Lego Movie Videogame (Warner, 2014, Americas)
Chibi Robo (Nintendo, January)
Shantae and the Pirate´s Curse (Wayfoward, March)

Azran Legacy is marked as "PL6" in the first chart. Persona Q (and other as-yet Japan-only titles) is in the second chart.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
REALLY? The top 3 Namco Bandai games on 3DS combined outsell the top 8 Namco Bandai & Tecmo Koei games on Vita combined. The Top 5 on 3DS all sell better than the best on Vita. Ridge Racer 3D alone quadrupled Ridge Racer Vita head-to-head. I stopped the Vita list when the global sales got down to .10, but for the sake of brevity I stopped the 3DS at .18 or would have been much longer.

Nintendo 3DS
Game Year Genre Publisher NA EU JP Rest Global
37. Tales of the Abyss 2011 RPG Namco Bandai 0.28 0.11 0.14 0.03 0.57
38. Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi 2012 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.56 0.00 0.56
39. Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter- 2012 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.56 0.00 0.56
48. Ridge Racer 3D 2011 Racing Namco Bandai 0.17 0.14 0.12 0.03 0.46
56. Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life 2013 Misc Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.39 0.00 0.39
62. Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2011 Action Tecmo Koei 0.11 0.04 0.20 0.01 0.36
72. One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP 2011 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.30 0.00 0.30
73. Project X Zone 2012 Action Namco Bandai 0.12 0.02 0.15 0.01 0.29
78. Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2013 Misc Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.27 0.00 0.27
103. Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson 2012 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.18 0.00 0.18
104. Super Robot Taisen UX 2013 RPG Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.18 0.00 0.18

PlayStation Vita
Game Year Genre Publisher NA EU JP Rest Global
13. God Eater 2 2013 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.36 0.00 0.36
23. Toukiden 2013 Action Tecmo Koei 0.00 0.00 0.24 0.00 0.24
32. Dynasty Warriors Next 2011 Action Tecmo Koei 0.04 0.04 0.11 0.01 0.20
37. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2012 Action Tecmo Koei 0.07 0.04 0.04 0.01 0.15
44. Ridge Racer 2011 Racing Namco Bandai 0.02 0.05 0.05 0.01 0.13
47. Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny 2012 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.12 0.00 0.12
48. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 2013 Action Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.12 0.00 0.12
57. Tales of Innocence R 2012 RPG Namco Bandai 0.00 0.00 0.10 0.00 0.10

Relevant point, but there are a few problems in your comparison

- You compare games released worldwide to games released only in Japan

- VGC data isn't accurate

- The comparison isn't done on the same period : many 3DS games had much more time to sell than Vita games. 

- Also, the games, especially the recent ones, aren't meant for the same audience (Namco can do more Disney Castle, Cinderella stuff or kiddy Dragon Ball, I hardly care) 

Arius Dion said:
michael_stutzer said:

Well I've heard that there still studios doing ports for Wii U. Once you know that it doesn't sound as crazy.

Not sure what Wii U has to do with this. You probably have me confused with a Wii U supporter. Of which I'm not one. Vita is not a sound business investment. Sony doesn't have the first party muscle to drive hardware. This system will continue to sputter through the gen. And I doubt there will be a vita successor. 

You said developing games for Vita is crazy and I've given an even crazier example. Nothing to do with whom you support. Companies do crazy things all the time.

Lucas-Rio said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Vita is getting some awesome games from Japan, I hope they localize em for later 2014 as Shin Gundam Musou, Battle Pentagram, Disgaea 4.

And you forgot to mention DBZ: Battle of Z even if no one is actually interested in that game.

Where are these flurries? All I see is D rated games with very low sale potential. Battle Pentagram? Are you even serious?

None of those are D-rated in Japan. 3DS gets a couple of D-rated games in Japan though, but no one knows about that since they bomb hard.

30 3DS games in the top 50. 3 Vita games.

I understand you don't like numbers. Vita games aren't selling anything.

The last "big Vita games", God Eater 2, did quite poorly. The others don't even chart.

This is weaksauce trolling.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the_dengle said:

Regarding the chart itself, I think it would be safe to merge the Sony/Nintendo rows into a simple "first-party" section. We're all well aware that Sony doesn't have any games in development for the 3DS, nor Nintendo for the Vita. :) Then you'd have more room in the other sections.

That is a very good idea, will do.

Is Howetown story out in the US already?

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
NYCrysis said:
Arius Dion said:
Is this a joke? Vitas a dud. Third parties supporting it is just more proof of a biased agenda regarding Nintendo. Not that it matters as the 3DS is dominating. But it is curious. The guy said developing for vita ruined him financially. What idiot would choose an installed base of 7m over 3DS'?

The guy who said vita ruined him also made a shitty almost unplayable game. The vita has room to grow as it is techniacally a much better system than the 3ds is and has much more room for growth. 

Room for growth is high because it's a sales dud. Technical ability means nothing, especially in the handheld sphere. The vita is the new game gear. Devs support it at their own peril. 

And yet multiple developers are dependent on it. Why do people get so upset when it's pointed out that many developers have found their niche on Vita over 3DS? These are huge titles generally like what you see from Capcom, EA, or Ubisoft, but that doesn't mean those games are worse or any less important.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Arius Dion said:
NYCrysis said:
Arius Dion said:
Is this a joke? Vitas a dud. Third parties supporting it is just more proof of a biased agenda regarding Nintendo. Not that it matters as the 3DS is dominating. But it is curious. The guy said developing for vita ruined him financially. What idiot would choose an installed base of 7m over 3DS'?

The guy who said vita ruined him also made a shitty almost unplayable game. The vita has room to grow as it is techniacally a much better system than the 3ds is and has much more room for growth. 

Room for growth is high because it's a sales dud. Technical ability means nothing, especially in the handheld sphere. The vita is the new game gear. Devs support it at their own peril. 

And yet multiple developers are dependent on it. Why do people get so upset when it's pointed out that many developers have found their niche on Vita over 3DS? These are huge titles generally like what you see from Capcom, EA, or Ubisoft, but that doesn't mean those games are worse or any less important.

Nobody's upset, but it makes sense to you to develop for a dud of a system and then act shocked to when it financially ruins you? I find that hilarious. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Shouldn't the "God of War Collection" and "Lemmings Touch" be in the list?

ryuzaki57 said:
the_dengle said:

Regarding the chart itself, I think it would be safe to merge the Sony/Nintendo rows into a simple "first-party" section. We're all well aware that Sony doesn't have any games in development for the 3DS, nor Nintendo for the Vita. :) Then you'd have more room in the other sections.

That is a very good idea, will do.

Is Howetown story out in the US already?

Apparently it came out in the US first, at the end of October. Pretty sure I saw it on the eShop last night, too.

Mnementh said:
MDMAlliance said:

Biggest game ever to come to handhelds?  That goes to Tetris.

*cough* Angry Birds *cough*

Tetris is still bigger than Angry Birds.  Not sure if you know how big Tetris is.  The fact of the matter with Tetris is we don't even know how many copies of the game were sold, much less "moved" (when you consider the freeware versions which Angry Birds is no doubt counting when you talk about the "500 million copies").