By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

the_dengle said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mnementh said:

*cough* Angry Birds *cough*

Tetris is still bigger than Angry Birds.  Not sure if you know how big Tetris is.  The fact of the matter with Tetris is we don't even know how many copies of the game were sold, much less "moved" (when you consider the freeware versions which Angry Birds is no doubt counting when you talk about the "500 million copies").

Doesn't matter, guys. Pezus is the one who brought the whole thing up in the first place, and his exact words were, "I'm actually saying that Minecraft is the most popular game to come out on handhelds that hasn't been priced for $.99 or less on mobile." He obviously included that stipulation specifically to avoid having to deal with Angry Birds.

It technically gets rid of Tetris, but really isn't a fair one when Tetris sold more than Minecraft without any of the mobile phone sales (Gameboy sold over 30m copies of Tetris alone).

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
the_dengle said:

Doesn't matter, guys. Pezus is the one who brought the whole thing up in the first place, and his exact words were, "I'm actually saying that Minecraft is the most popular game to come out on handhelds that hasn't been priced for $.99 or less on mobile." He obviously included that stipulation specifically to avoid having to deal with Angry Birds.

It technically gets rid of Tetris, but really isn't a fair one when Tetris sold more than Minecraft without any of the mobile phone sales (Gameboy sold over 30m copies of Tetris alone).

Quick, somebody find evidence of a free version of Minecraft existing at any point in time on iOS/Android. I don't care if it's an old beta. Let's just put this whole mess to bed.

the_dengle said:

Quick, somebody find evidence of a free version of Minecraft existing at any point in time on iOS/Android. I don't care if it's an old beta. Let's just put this whole mess to bed.

It was free for two weeks for HIB3-buyers, if that helps ;)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111964-Humble-Indie-Bundle-3-Now-With-Minecraft

nice list

Arius Dion said:
michael_stutzer said:
Arius Dion said:

Nobody's upset, but it makes sense to you to develop for a dud of a system and then act shocked to when it financially ruins you? I find that hilarious. 

You didn't read that thread obviously (I mean who does that, right?), I'll explain it so that you won't stick to this stupid argument. Otherwise people who haven't seen that thread yet may believe you. They were financially ruined because they tried to create their engine but they were horribly understaffed so the development took way longer than expected. That was why they were financially ruined. The game was out for like one day when they published that post. They didn't mention anything about sales because the topic was not about sales. Understand now? 

Right, and as a result, they couldn't recoup those losses through software sales. Don't be dense and short sighted if you can help it. 

We don't know whether they will recoup it or not. You know, taking out those those glasses would help you read it properly. I know you are trolling, but in case you are serious. I mean you never know, I've met some real dumb people on the internet.

Around the Network

Some adjustments due to recent announcements:

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous AQL) coming to 3DS in Japan.
Dekamori Senran Kagura (Marvelous AQL) coming to Vita in Japan.
Disney Magical World (Namco Bandai) coming to 3DS in America.

Also, Initial D is published by Sega; it's not an indie/other. And I'd like to see Shovel Knight in the Western indie/other section. :D

MikeRox said:
Arius Dion said:
michael_stutzer said:
Arius Dion said:

Nobody's upset, but it makes sense to you to develop for a dud of a system and then act shocked to when it financially ruins you? I find that hilarious. 

You didn't read that thread obviously (I mean who does that, right?), I'll explain it so that you won't stick to this stupid argument. Otherwise people who haven't seen that thread yet may believe you. They were financially ruined because they tried to create their engine but they were horribly understaffed so the development took way longer than expected. That was why they were financially ruined. The game was out for like one day when they published that post. They didn't mention anything about sales because the topic was not about sales. Understand now? 

Right, and as a result, they couldn't recoup those losses through software sales. Don't be dense and short sighted if you can help it. 

Developers make money on Vita, some third parties explicitly increased their profit forecasts due to stronger than anticipated demand of Vita software.

Could you please link me to these profit forecasts please?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything! I'd really like to read them.

ryuzaki57 said:

Hello everyone and a happy new year for all,

I've been gathering info on 3DS/Vita future releases and I think it can be an interesting debate (if anything is missing, please tell me)

In the West, the least we can say is that both schedules are scarce. Some games have also already released in one territory or another, so it doesn't make a lot of games and home console gaming should dominate more than ever.

Possible localisations

3DS 

- Likely --> Yôkai Watch, Inazuma Galaxy, One Piece Red World, Tomodachi Collection, FF Theathrythm CC 

- Less likely --> Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest Monster 2

Vita

- Likely --> Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd, Hyperdimension Neptune Rebirth, Atelier Ayesha +, Akiba's Trip 2, Senran Kagura Shinobi Versus, V-Jump All Stars, Freedom Wars, New Atelier Rorona

- Less likely --> God Eater 2, Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki

Nice post! But isn't Soul Sacrifice Delta confirmed for the US? Also Over My Dead Body 2 seemed confirmed to be released in 2014, also Yoshida or some other guy said it was such a beautiful game and that it'd probably be out in the west world too!

Also Toukiden is written wrong, please fix it -. to"U"kiden

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

From a French point of view, it's "to" (more exactly "tô" with French accent) 

ryuzaki57 said:

From a French point of view, it's "to" (more exactly "tô" with French accent) 

whatever toukiden is what's written in the boxart :P

I mean I don't want be rude or anything! ^^

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!