By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

Arius Dion said:

Nobody's upset, but it makes sense to you to develop for a dud of a system and then act shocked to when it financially ruins you? I find that hilarious. 

You didn't read that thread obviously (I mean who does that, right?), I'll explain it so that you won't stick to this stupid argument. Otherwise people who haven't seen that thread yet may believe you. They were financially ruined because they tried to create their engine but they were horribly understaffed so the development took way longer than expected. That was why they were financially ruined. The game was out for like one day when they published that post. They didn't mention anything about sales because the topic was not about sales. Understand now? 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

ryuzaki57 said:

Just 400K. Every 3DS game since pokemon (excluding PDZ) didn't even reach 250K

LOL great job not including vita games in there. Stop nitpicking. GE2 sales were great, but no vita titles hit even close to 150k in the past couple of months.

You tried to put that in your favor. Also LoZ will easily surpass that and so will kirby!

Vita games are doing very well on their userbase and so is 3DS. Stop always trying to downplay Nintendo.

it is ryuzaki57, what do you spect to argue with him? lol

3ds software and hardware obliterated everything. from psvita  too ps4 it is reality, get over it.

34 years playing games.

michael_stutzer said:
Arius Dion said:

Nobody's upset, but it makes sense to you to develop for a dud of a system and then act shocked to when it financially ruins you? I find that hilarious. 

You didn't read that thread obviously (I mean who does that, right?), I'll explain it so that you won't stick to this stupid argument. Otherwise people who haven't seen that thread yet may believe you. They were financially ruined because they tried to create their engine but they were horribly understaffed so the development took way longer than expected. That was why they were financially ruined. The game was out for like one day when they published that post. They didn't mention anything about sales because the topic was not about sales. Understand now? 

Right, and as a result, they couldn't recoup those losses through software sales. Don't be dense and short sighted if you can help it. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
michael_stutzer said:
Arius Dion said:

Right, and as a result, they couldn't recoup those losses through software sales. Don't be dense and short sighted if you can help it. 

The game was released only two weeks ago... if they eventually recoup the losses through software sales or not is wild speculation at this point. But if the money runs out before the game is even finished, it doesn't matter if it was planned for a platform with a huge or small audience.

MDMAlliance said:
Mnementh said:

*cough* Angry Birds *cough*

Tetris is still bigger than Angry Birds.  Not sure if you know how big Tetris is.  The fact of the matter with Tetris is we don't even know how many copies of the game were sold, much less "moved" (when you consider the freeware versions which Angry Birds is no doubt counting when you talk about the "500 million copies").

Doesn't matter, guys. Pezus is the one who brought the whole thing up in the first place, and his exact words were, "I'm actually saying that Minecraft is the most popular game to come out on handhelds that hasn't been priced for $.99 or less on mobile." He obviously included that stipulation specifically to avoid having to deal with Angry Birds.

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
outlawauron said:

Room for growth is high because it's a sales dud. Technical ability means nothing, especially in the handheld sphere. The vita is the new game gear. Devs support it at their own peril. 

And yet multiple developers are dependent on it. Why do people get so upset when it's pointed out that many developers have found their niche on Vita over 3DS? These are huge titles generally like what you see from Capcom, EA, or Ubisoft, but that doesn't mean those games are worse or any less important.

It's hard to believe you're not upset when reading your posts. Rather than accepting the fact that developers are happy and profitable on Vita, you say that it's all just bias and agenda against Nintendo and that the platform is a dud and all developers need to "support it at their own peril".

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Arius Dion said:
michael_stutzer said:
Arius Dion said:

Developers make money on Vita, some third parties explicitly increased their profit forecasts due to stronger than anticipated demand of Vita software.

There is money to be made on Vita, I know that doesn't fit your "lets rag on Vita for the hell of it" train but facts are facts, and those facts make you look like an uninformed armchair expert with no real knowledge of the market they are professing to understand. Just give it a rest.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Arius Dion said:
michael_stutzer said:
Arius Dion said:

Developers make money on Vita, some third parties explicitly increased their profit forecasts due to stronger than anticipated demand of Vita software.

There is money to be made on Vita, I know that doesn't fit your "lets rag on Vita for the hell of it" train but facts are facts, and those facts make you look like an uninformed armchair expert with no real knowledge of the market they are professing to understand. Just give it a rest.

And besides being able to sell on two platforms, possibly allowing to sell well on one what doesn't sell so well on the other, two competitors means they'll sometimes buy exclusives. Should just one competitor remain, it wouldn't need to buy exclusives anymore.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

outlawauron said:
Arius Dion said:
outlawauron said:

Room for growth is high because it's a sales dud. Technical ability means nothing, especially in the handheld sphere. The vita is the new game gear. Devs support it at their own peril. 

And yet multiple developers are dependent on it. Why do people get so upset when it's pointed out that many developers have found their niche on Vita over 3DS? These are huge titles generally like what you see from Capcom, EA, or Ubisoft, but that doesn't mean those games are worse or any less important.

It's hard to believe you're not upset when reading your posts. Rather than accepting the fact that developers are happy and profitable on Vita, you say that it's all just bias and agenda against Nintendo and that the platform is a dud and all developers need to "support it at their own peril".

Nah. We are talking about video games. I find it cute you defending a corporation like I insulted your mom or something. I wonder if you and others here would be as forgiving if Sony wasn't on the plastic. We all know the answer to that. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
outlawauron said:
Arius Dion said:

Nah. We are talking about video games. I find it cute you defending a corporation like I insulted your mom or something. I wonder if you and others here would be as forgiving if Sony wasn't on the plastic. We all know the answer to that. 

Is this real life? I don't know how this conversation can be construed as me defending Sony.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.