By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World ... right ?

thismeintiel said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah.  It's based on a manga series.  I think it's a graphic novel sort of thing?  And, it outsold Halo 4 in Japan.  

Does this game/manga deal with incest?

Not really.

The game has multiple paths/ending, of which that becomes an option.

That IP is more about the clash of what is acceptable and otaku culture.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Madword said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Defensive much?

I mean hype as in promotion. Its a game Sony made sure fans were aware of and it was their game of choice on Jimmy Fallon.

Knack showed PS4 was easy to develop for? They should have worked harder.

Ah but now you are changing the definition of what you wrote. The guy replied to your term "Hype", this is not the same as promotion as you well know,

hype

2. to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest of your post. I simply don't care enough.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Let the Sony fanboys have their fun. Its not they actually play Knack or anything. :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Rogerioandrade said:
Lol... even in UK right now Mario 3d World outsold Knack. So what's the point of all that fuzz by Sony fanboys? None

Have you been living under a rock? Knack outsold Mario 3D World as of 28/12/13 in the UK.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175233&page=1

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Fusioncode said:

It's been outselling it nearly every week in the UK. It's funny to see such a mediocre platformer outsell one of the most critically acclaimed games of the year simply because it's on a different console.

By being bundled very heavy? In Feb in Japan you get the game free. 

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Madword said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Defensive much?

I mean hype as in promotion. Its a game Sony made sure fans were aware of and it was their game of choice on Jimmy Fallon.

Knack showed PS4 was easy to develop for? They should have worked harder.

Ah but now you are changing the definition of what you wrote. The guy replied to your term "Hype", this is not the same as promotion as you well know,

hype

2. to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest of your post. I simply don't care enough.

You were talking about *people* being hyped. Dont try and twist it matey...You know the difference from trying to create hype and people being hyped, so dont be silly now eh.

I didnt read the rest of your post, because just like your signature, I know which camp you are sitting in, and why this dictates how you post.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

aryu said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Lol... even in UK right now Mario 3d World outsold Knack. So what's the point of all that fuzz by Sony fanboys? None

Have you been living under a rock? Knack outsold Mario 3D World as of 28/12/13 in the UK.

Actually, it's outsold Mario every week since both of their releases.  In fact, if you look at the charts in the that OP, Knack moved up 6 spots in the charts, while Mario completely dropped off.  Which makes me wonder what the heck VGC is doing with their UK numbers, as they have Knack only outselling it for the first week.

thismeintiel said:
aryu said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Actually, it's outsold Mario every week since both of their releases.  In fact, if you look at the charts in the that OP, Knack moved up 6 spots in the charts, while Mario completely dropped off.  Which makes me wonder what the heck VGC is doing with their UK numbers, as they have Knack only outselling it for the first week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175151

Knack doesn't need a second game. Cerny needs to learn that linear 3D platforming died the day Super Mario 64 came out.

Max King of the Wild said:
thismeintiel said:
aryu said:
Rogerioandrade said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=175151

Lol, that can't be used as an excuse for everything.  Especially, when we have official numbers and charts to adjust to.