By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo, I'm mad at you. Really mad.

For those saying Pokebank was hacked, your getting things mixed up.

For the short time it was up in Japan, they were able to confirm "legit" hack pokemon were able to get through the transfer. Any blantant hacks tho were blocks. No one was hacking the app itself.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
oniyide said:
osed125 said:

Both PSN and Steam were down during Christhmas Eve. Steam for like half a day and PSN for more than a day I believe. I can only think of 2 times (without counting normal maintenances) where the Nintendo Network was down: Wii U's launch and these past couple of days. I can also download full games at the same speed as Steam, so I ask, what makes NN so crap? is not on par with Steam nor anything like that, but where it's exactly SO BAD?

Also, where is the source that the Pokebank was hacked?

No it wasnt more than a day, I dont know where you got that from. I was on PSN most of Xmas eve and only the store went down for about 3 hours, at least in the east coast. Why's it so bad, well for one the fact that their is no cross purchase of games between VC games. thats a big one, they are usually late to the party in terms of apps 3ds just got a youtube app. These are things that have been available for other devices for years. Hell PS classics was transferable for as far back as PSP days.

THere was a rumor Pokebank got hacked. Probably not true, but that just tells me they are not up to snuff if they couldnt keep up and they had to put the system down for hours on end for DAYS at a time. Far worst than Steam or PSN

I was refering to preformance stuff like download speeds, stable services, no lag while online play and that kind of stuff. Not talking about features in general, in this regard they are late to the party. 

However, afaik, apps like youtube, nextflix, etc are not being made by Nintendo, so you can't blame them for releasing those apps very late.

Nintendo and PC gamer

oniyide said:

I remember Apocalypse it was ironic cause i was gone that weekend I didnt even hear about it still i got back and it was already solved it was a blip. The hack was a much bigger deal that sucked. But we did get some compensation. Heres the the thing thats about a month of crap on Sony's part but for the rest its usually up to par. Ninty? been crap for years? years. Im not kicking them when there down, but for some people to go in defense mode because the OP is rightly upset and bring Sony into is laughable, especially considering in terms of online Ninty isnt even in the same sport as the other two. They are STILL far behind. 

You're kinda kicking Nintendo while it's down, bro. I'm not arguing that Nintendo's online service is on par with Sony's and Microsoft's, but the service has been spotty (not out; spotty. I was able to get in the eShop and download Ducktales and Mighty Switch Force! 2 last night) for two days and you're making it sound like this is the norm. Meanwhile, PSN and Steam are/were having the same problem, albeit on a lesser scale it seems, but their allowed to have a few blemishes on the record.

This is essentially what you're saying:

"Sony's network goes down from time to time and was the subject of the most famous asskicking from hackers in the industry's history, but it's OK since it is usually up to par."

"Nintendo gets no leeway. It's network has always been shit."

But it's not a matter of services, it's a matter of reliability!

"Doesn't matter, it's shit."

osed125 said:
oniyide said:
osed125 said:

Both PSN and Steam were down during Christhmas Eve. Steam for like half a day and PSN for more than a day I believe. I can only think of 2 times (without counting normal maintenances) where the Nintendo Network was down: Wii U's launch and these past couple of days. I can also download full games at the same speed as Steam, so I ask, what makes NN so crap? is not on par with Steam nor anything like that, but where it's exactly SO BAD?

Also, where is the source that the Pokebank was hacked?

No it wasnt more than a day, I dont know where you got that from. I was on PSN most of Xmas eve and only the store went down for about 3 hours, at least in the east coast. Why's it so bad, well for one the fact that their is no cross purchase of games between VC games. thats a big one, they are usually late to the party in terms of apps 3ds just got a youtube app. These are things that have been available for other devices for years. Hell PS classics was transferable for as far back as PSP days.

THere was a rumor Pokebank got hacked. Probably not true, but that just tells me they are not up to snuff if they couldnt keep up and they had to put the system down for hours on end for DAYS at a time. Far worst than Steam or PSN

I was refering to preformance stuff like download speeds, stable services, no lag while online play and that kind of stuff. Not talking about features in general, in this regard they are late to the party. 

However, afaik, apps like youtube, nextflix, etc are not being made by Nintendo, so you can't blame them for releasing those apps very late.

ok thats fair, I usually judge online by all aspects. stable services? well there getting their butt kicked now. Ive found using stuff like Netflix is less stable than my VIta and PS3 But havent tried on Wii U. 

Then why are the apps late? its puzzles me, even when Wii was at the top of its game it still got stuff late, hell it only just Hulu Plus this year.

burninmylight said:
oniyide said:

I remember Apocalypse it was ironic cause i was gone that weekend I didnt even hear about it still i got back and it was already solved it was a blip. The hack was a much bigger deal that sucked. But we did get some compensation. Heres the the thing thats about a month of crap on Sony's part but for the rest its usually up to par. Ninty? been crap for years? years. Im not kicking them when there down, but for some people to go in defense mode because the OP is rightly upset and bring Sony into is laughable, especially considering in terms of online Ninty isnt even in the same sport as the other two. They are STILL far behind. 

You're kinda kicking Nintendo while it's down, bro. I'm not arguing that Nintendo's online service is on par with Sony's and Microsoft's, but the service has been spotty (not out; spotty. I was able to get in the eShop and download Ducktales and Mighty Switch Force! 2 last night) for two days and you're making it sound like this is the norm. Meanwhile, PSN and Steam are/were having the same problem, albeit on a lesser scale it seems, but their allowed to have a few blemishes on the record.

"Sony's network goes down from time to time and was the subject of the most famous asskicking from hackers in the industry's history, but it's OK since it is usually up to par."

It wasnt my intention to make it seem like its the norm. Sorry if it came across like this. Yes to a certain extent they are allowed to have a few blemishes, because and this is going to sound messed up the online services are good and that much better than what Ninty offers. Im not even talking this instance im talking their online overall. 

Its a matter of everything, now i acknowledge Ninty is definetly better than they were in the Wii (shudders) but they need to be running with this thing, right now it feels like theri jogging, they dont have that luxury. For the record this isnt anywhere near the crap that was the PS3 hack.

Around the Network
Ostro said:
manuel said:
anonymunchy said:
I would assume region locking is a consequence of the different laws in different countries.

That's what they say, yes, but the laws were also different in the days of the Gameboy and DS. I think that's all bullshit, especially since Sony consoles are still region free.

Uhm, they have to built in region locking. It's not like it's always there and they unlock it. So they spend time and money on implementing it. Why? Because laws restrict them.

Which laws exactly? And why do they only apply to the 3DS and not to the DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, iOS, Android, PC, PS3, PS4, XBO...?

Why doesn't every European country gets its own region? They have different laws, partly different rating systems (USK, PEGI), but a common region code.

cannonballZ said:
Your cheap Uzbekistan server rental comment made me laugh!

At least something! :)

Today I got up over an hour earlier just to try again. The eshop was accessible as promised and my system transfer at least started. I'm now hoping there won't be any error during the transfer... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And please, guys, don't fight too much about online services. All have their flaws.

And while Nintendo dropped the ball on this one, it will probably be forgotten quickly.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

oniyide said:
burninmylight said:
oniyide said:

It wasnt my intention to make it seem like its the norm. Sorry if it came across like this. Yes to a certain extent they are allowed to have a few blemishes, because and this is going to sound messed up the online services are good and that much better than what Ninty offers. Im not even talking this instance im talking their online overall. 

Its a matter of everything, now i acknowledge Ninty is definetly better than they were in the Wii (shudders) but they need to be running with this thing, right now it feels like theri jogging, they dont have that luxury. For the record this isnt anywhere near the crap that was the PS3 hack.

We can shake  hands on that one. But it at least appears that they're sssssssssslllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyyy coming around, with unified accounts and digital wallets across their handheld and console. Heck, the Wii U's online component and OS has come a bit of a ways since it launched; the OS is significantly faster, downloads now happen automatically upon purchase (and it will continue to download after turning off the system) and the browser and certain apps like YouTube have and will continue to receive updates to enhance performance. It ain't no Xbox Live, but I personally don't expect a free service to be on the same level as a paid premium service. I don't expect NPR or PBS to match Sirius or HBO in quality.

JOKA_ said:
Limiting an online service to certain times during the day blows my mind

Short term solution until the server-infrastructure is updated to handle the increased traffic. Seems a lot of people got 3DS or maybe even WiiU at christmas and were connecting it now to the internet. I'm surprised though that Nintendo wasn't expecting it. I have a hunch, that the united account-system introduced some weeks ago might be increasing the load, so that combined with higher traffic around the holidays it produces problems now. Probably should have waited with the account-unification until after the holidays - on the other hand Nintendo probably wanted Miiverse to release until holidays on 3DS to sell more devices.

I dunno, but pretty sure things will be back to normal after the holidays.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

manuel said:
cannonballZ said:
Your cheap Uzbekistan server rental comment made me laugh!

At least something! :)

Today I got up over an hour earlier just to try again. The eshop was accessible as promised and my system transfer at least started. I'm now hoping there won't be any error during the transfer... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And please, guys, don't fight too much about online services. All have their flaws.

And while Nintendo dropped the ball on this one, it will probably be forgotten quickly.

Nice to hear your issues are resolved (seemingly). I wish you a lot of fun, with your shiny new 3DS LL.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]