By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo, I'm mad at you. Really mad.

osed125 said:
oniyide said:
osed125 said:

Goes to show that they had a pretty shitty security system, which is far worse that having difficulties because of high traffic (which is an extremely common problem)

companies get hacked all the time. Its probably harder to prevent that from happening than say just having a crap online component. Actually the Pokebank WAS hacked so i guess that goes to show that Ninty have crappy security too

source?

And yes Nintendo online service is bad. But if you are talking about high traffic then basically every single company in the world has a bad online service, since is something that happens very often...both legit and not legit.

I wasnt even talking high traffic, but if someone is using that excuse its a piss poor one. I bet both Sony and MS have much higher traffic and they seem to have less problems this holiday than Ninty.

Around the Network

I'm on the same boat. I got a 3ds for chritmas and I still can't access the eshop. I have never been more angry with Nintendo than I am right now. I couldn't access eshop on wiiu or even use netflix on my account for that matter.
I bought my nephew a Wii U for christmas, he can't link his NNID or use any online features.

I imagine Nintendo got an earful from customers and I wouldn't be surprised to hear of systems being returned. When you have several devices in your home that can connect to the internet, yet the wii u is giving errors codes that say YOUR wi fi connection is too low, I can see a lot of people losing patience or thinking they got a faulty system.

Clearly Nintendo wasn't prepared for this, and it kind of baffles me. Their online infrastructure is crap.

Your cheap Uzbekistan server rental comment made me laugh!

oniyide said:
aikohualda said:
oniyide said:
aikohualda said:
this problems is prevalent to the gaming world not only in nintendo...good luck moving to the next company

oh come on, Ninty has the worst online of the bunch by a large margin

ok lets pay world wide nintendo for $60/year to have a better service....

I dont pay to play on my PS3 so...yeah. And even if I did, that wouldnt make what i said any less true.

ok fine :P

but that wouldnt make my statement less true too that it is prevalent in microsoft and sony....

d21lewis said:
oniyide said:
Jumpin said:
manuel said:
bonzobanana said:
At the current time I think Sony are most in tune with consumers.

As a Nintendo fan... I'd agree.

Sony is a great company, but Nintendo has all the games I like, so it's hard to switch.

A couple years ago Sony had no online anywhere for weeks. Why is that forgivable but Nintendo being down for part of the day is not?

key words, couple of years ago and they were hacked. As far as I know Ninty wasnt hacked so its all on them.

Sony's errors don't excuse Nintendo's errors but what about the "ApocalyPS3"?  Remember that?  Nobody's PS3 would work online or OFFLINE.  It wasn't a hack.  When Sony did get hacked, there was no online play for anybody for an entire month.  Even last month, I made this thread:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173335&page= because I'd just bought a new PS3 on Black Friday and couldn't even log into my profile.  It happens.  

Gamers have a right to be upset, I agree.  They buy video game consoles for one purpose--to play games.  If my Satellite provider were down as often as my gaming services were, I'd be pissed.  However, look at Mario:

He's obviously sorry.  Why kick him when he's down?

I remember Apocalypse it was ironic cause i was gone that weekend I didnt even hear about it still i got back and it was already solved it was a blip. The hack was a much bigger deal that sucked. But we did get some compensation. Heres the the thing thats about a month of crap on Sony's part but for the rest its usually up to par. Ninty? been crap for years? years. Im not kicking them when there down, but for some people to go in defense mode because the OP is rightly upset and bring Sony into is laughable, especially considering in terms of online Ninty isnt even in the same sport as the other two. They are STILL far behind. 

oniyide said:
osed125 said:

source?

And yes Nintendo online service is bad. But if you are talking about high traffic then basically every single company in the world has a bad online service, since is something that happens very often...both legit and not legit.

I wasnt even talking high traffic, but if someone is using that excuse its a piss poor one. I bet both Sony and MS have much higher traffic and they seem to have less problems this holiday than Ninty.

Both PSN and Steam were down during Christhmas Eve. Steam for like half a day and PSN for more than a day I believe. I can only think of 2 times (without counting normal maintenances) where the Nintendo Network was down: Wii U's launch and these past couple of days. I can also download full games at the same speed as Steam, so I ask, what makes NN so crap? is not on par with Steam nor anything like that, but where it's exactly SO BAD?

Also, where is the source that the Pokebank was hacked?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
oniyide said:

I remember Apocalypse it was ironic cause i was gone that weekend I didnt even hear about it still i got back and it was already solved it was a blip. The hack was a much bigger deal that sucked. But we did get some compensation. Heres the the thing thats about a month of crap on Sony's part but for the rest its usually up to par. Ninty? been crap for years? years. Im not kicking them when there down, but for some people to go in defense mode because the OP is rightly upset and bring Sony into is laughable, especially considering in terms of online Ninty isnt even in the same sport as the other two. They are STILL far behind. 

Well yeah.  I can't argue with that.  I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl on day one and NEVER got the online to work a single time.  However: 

osed125 said:
oniyide said:
osed125 said:

source?

Both PSN and Steam were down during Christhmas Eve. Steam for like half a day and PSN for more than a day I believe. I can only think of 2 times (without counting normal maintenances) where the Nintendo Network was down: Wii U's launch and these past couple of days. I can also download full games at the same speed as Steam, so I ask, what makes NN so crap? is not on par with Steam nor anything like that, but where it's exactly SO BAD?

Also, where is the source that the Pokebank was hacked?

No it wasnt more than a day, I dont know where you got that from. I was on PSN most of Xmas eve and only the store went down for about 3 hours, at least in the east coast. Why's it so bad, well for one the fact that their is no cross purchase of games between VC games. thats a big one, they are usually late to the party in terms of apps 3ds just got a youtube app. These are things that have been available for other devices for years. Hell PS classics was transferable for as far back as PSP days.

THere was a rumor Pokebank got hacked. Probably not true, but that just tells me they are not up to snuff if they couldnt keep up and they had to put the system down for hours on end for DAYS at a time. Far worst than Steam or PSN

aikohualda said:
oniyide said:
aikohualda said:
oniyide said:
aikohualda said:
this problems is prevalent to the gaming world not only in nintendo...good luck moving to the next company

oh come on, Ninty has the worst online of the bunch by a large margin

ok lets pay world wide nintendo for $60/year to have a better service....

I dont pay to play on my PS3 so...yeah. And even if I did, that wouldnt make what i said any less true.

ok fine :P

but that wouldnt make my statement less true too that it is prevalent in microsoft and sony....

fair enough but if anything bringing MS and Sony into this isnt doing Ninty any favors. IF anything it make them look worse. I dont have time to get into problems with Ninty online infrastructure, problems that have either never existed for the other two or were ironed out years ago. Hell some people still cant access online features for Ninty systems. 

Um, like pointed out before in this thrad; this has to do with the fact that Nintendo took down most of its online services for a while, worldwide.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_acknowledges_network_issues_and_suggests_patience

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Limiting an online service to certain times during the day blows my mind

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League