By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo, I'm mad at you. Really mad.

manuel said:
bonzobanana said:
At the current time I think Sony are most in tune with consumers.

As a Nintendo fan... I'd agree.

Sony is a great company, but Nintendo has all the games I like, so it's hard to switch.

A couple years ago Sony had no online anywhere for weeks. Why is that forgivable but Nintendo being down for part of the day is not?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
manuel said:
bonzobanana said:

Sony is a great company, but Nintendo has all the games I like, so it's hard to switch.

A couple years ago Sony had no online anywhere for weeks. Why is that forgivable but Nintendo being down for part of the day is not?

This was when they were hacked, right?

Being hacked is something I can understand to be a problem, but in this case it's all Nintendo's fault.

They're releasing a ton of new games including a Pokemon app over the holidays and expect everything to go well? They should have learned from the server outages last year when Animal Crossing was released.

I wouldn't mind if they were down for part of the day, but for me it's the whole day. In the end I'm sure I'll get over it (because over all it's a luxurious 1st world problem), but I'm just very very pissed off at them right now. That's all.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

this problems is prevalent to the gaming world not only in nintendo...good luck moving to the next company

If it makes you feel any better, the PSN is having network issues as well.

manuel said:
Jumpin said:
manuel said:
bonzobanana said:

This was when they were hacked, right?

Being hacked is something I can understand to be a problem, but in this case it's all Nintendo's fault.

They're releasing a ton of new games including a Pokemon app over the holidays and expect everything to go well? They should have learned from the server outages last year when Animal Crossing was released.

I wouldn't mind if they were down for part of the day, but for me it's the whole day. In the end I'm sure I'll get over it (because over all it's a luxurious 1st world problem), but I'm just very very pissed off at them right now. That's all.

they hacked de pokemon bank app

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

Not really.

I just hope it won't be as bad tomorrow.

KylieDog said:
Region locking is done so they can rip off certain regions in pricing, EU especially.

Any ratings excuse is bullshit, hence DS, PSP, VIta being region free.

I think you're 100% right.

You're pretty smart for a dog. :P

manuel said:
burninmylight said:

Not really.

I just hope it won't be as bad tomorrow.

I dont know where he's at but i havent had an issue with PSN except for about 3 hours on xmas eve and even then it was the store.

Jumpin said:
manuel said:
bonzobanana said:

key words, couple of years ago and they were hacked. As far as I know Ninty wasnt hacked so its all on them.

manuel said:
anonymunchy said:
I would assume region locking is a consequence of the different laws in different countries.

That's what they say, yes, but the laws were also different in the days of the Gameboy and DS. I think that's all bullshit, especially since Sony consoles are still region free.

Uhm, they have to built in region locking. It's not like it's always there and they unlock it. So they spend time and money on implementing it. Why? Because laws restrict them. Games are not just rated differently but could also be censored or banned. You are an adult, fine. A whole lot of Nintendo's customers are not (but you don't care, right? It's all about you! :P). Nintendo is doing this to be safe from further law shit that has happened during the last decade and will become more and more because companies and even states and unions love how easily they can get money out of it. Some kid is playing a Japanese banned game in Europe? Oh, let him pay tax first, take away that game and sue Nintendo around $1m or ban their products for a while because they used a simple technology that some moron was able to patent in some weird country - it's that easy. Sony's consoles may be region free but all the DLCs are not. You have to circumvent it and they are ok with everyone having tons of different profiles on their consoles just for purchases. They do the same thing, just with digital content. And Sony still is bigger than Nintendo on a whole.

As for the other issue: Nintendo's network has always been bad. They have nice ideas but lack tech and sub-companies (just look at Sony and Microsoft, what they actually are). Nintendo is not thinking global, that's what they do wrong and it might become what makes them go down. Not bankrupt, but less important and unknown, like my favourite speaker producer.