By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo, I'm mad at you. Really mad.

aikohualda said:
this problems is prevalent to the gaming world not only in nintendo...good luck moving to the next company

oh come on, Ninty has the worst online of the bunch by a large margin

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Jumpin said:

A couple years ago Sony had no online anywhere for weeks. Why is that forgivable but Nintendo being down for part of the day is not?

key words, couple of years ago and they were hacked. As far as I know Ninty wasnt hacked so its all on them.

Goes to show that they had a pretty shitty security system, which is far worse that having difficulties because of high traffic (which is an extremely common problem)

Nintendo and PC gamer

oniyide said:
aikohualda said:
this problems is prevalent to the gaming world not only in nintendo...good luck moving to the next company

ok lets pay world wide nintendo for $60/year to have a better service....

Anyways, on the wii u facebook page ( for the us ) I just read an update saying their eshop will now be closed from 4pm til 4am but it does state this is only temporary until this mess gets sorted. I live in australia so unsure if this'll happen here.

You can only access the online store during a certain time-frame?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
You can only access the online store during a certain time-frame?

Might only be for the day though...not sure but I'd say so

osed125 said:
oniyide said:
Jumpin said:

A couple years ago Sony had no online anywhere for weeks. Why is that forgivable but Nintendo being down for part of the day is not?

key words, couple of years ago and they were hacked. As far as I know Ninty wasnt hacked so its all on them.

Goes to show that they had a pretty shitty security system, which is far worse that having difficulties because of high traffic (which is an extremely common problem)

companies get hacked all the time. Its probably harder to prevent that from happening than say just having a crap online component. Actually the Pokebank WAS hacked so i guess that goes to show that Ninty have crappy security too

aikohualda said:
oniyide said:
aikohualda said:

ok lets pay world wide nintendo for $60/year to have a better service....

I dont pay to play on my PS3 so...yeah. And even if I did, that wouldnt make what i said any less true.

oniyide said:
osed125 said:

companies get hacked all the time. Its probably harder to prevent that from happening than say just having a crap online component. Actually the Pokebank WAS hacked so i guess that goes to show that Ninty have crappy security too

source?

And yes Nintendo online service is bad. But if you are talking about high traffic then basically every single company in the world has a bad online service, since is something that happens very often...both legit and not legit.

Nintendo and PC gamer

oniyide said:
Jumpin said:
manuel said:
bonzobanana said:
At the current time I think Sony are most in tune with consumers.

As a Nintendo fan... I'd agree.

Sony is a great company, but Nintendo has all the games I like, so it's hard to switch.

Sony's errors don't excuse Nintendo's errors but what about the "ApocalyPS3"?  Remember that?  Nobody's PS3 would work online or OFFLINE.  It wasn't a hack.  When Sony did get hacked, there was no online play for anybody for an entire month.  Even last month, I made this thread:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173335&page= because I'd just bought a new PS3 on Black Friday and couldn't even log into my profile.  It happens.  

Gamers have a right to be upset, I agree.  They buy video game consoles for one purpose--to play games.  If my Satellite provider were down as often as my gaming services were, I'd be pissed.  However, look at Mario:

He's obviously sorry.  Why kick him when he's down?