By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Metroid game in your opinion!

Favorite Metroid game?

Metroid 3 1.60%

Super Metroid 65 34.57%

Metroid Prime 76 40.43%

Metroid Prime 2 9 4.79%

Metroid Prime 3 8 4.26%

Metroid Other M 11 5.85%

Metroid Fusion 12 6.38%

Metroid Prime Hunters 1 0.53%

Metroid II ( Game Boy) 1 0.53%

Metroid Zero Mission 2 1.06%

Total:188

Time for another poll it seems. This time it is about your favorite Metroid game, guys.. My favorite one is easily Metroid Prime.. It took pretty much everything that was awesome about Super Metroid such as the exploration and atmosphere ( among other things) and the result was simply an awesome game.. The reason why this is not a " Worst Metroid game" thread is because  90% of the people would choose Other M and it would be no fun then. 

So.. Tell me, guys.. What is your  favorite Metroid game?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Prime. It's my favourite game of all time.

I was about to weigh in when I remembered I've only really played two Metroid games. Now I'm sad. I really need to play the others.

Of course Prime and SM are masterpieces and arguably the best games of the series. But for me it's still Metroid Fusion. The subtle but effective way of telling a story, the sound and music, the atmosphere and the gameplay are just unique.

My first gamein the series wasMetroid Fusion, andit's stillmy favourite, no matter howgood prime and SM is.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime, not only best Metroid game but one of the best games ever.

It's a very difficult choice between Prime and Super Metroid. Ended up choosing Prime, because even though I love Super Metroid and it's amongst my most replayed games of all time, the importance and impact of Prime was much bigger to me than SM.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Super Metroid. Especially for the Mother Brain battle, that sort of thing just didn't happen in games before.

I am not really a fan of this series, but Super Metroid was kind of fun. I found the Metroid Prime games to be incredibly bland for a Nintendo series.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
I am not really a fan of this series, but Super Metroid was kind of fun. I found the Metroid Prime games to be incredibly bland for a Nintendo series.

Why? They  are very good games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---