By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Metroid game in your opinion!

Favorite Metroid game?

Metroid 3 1.60%

Super Metroid 65 34.57%

Metroid Prime 76 40.43%

Metroid Prime 2 9 4.79%

Metroid Prime 3 8 4.26%

Metroid Other M 11 5.85%

Metroid Fusion 12 6.38%

Metroid Prime Hunters 1 0.53%

Metroid II ( Game Boy) 1 0.53%

Metroid Zero Mission 2 1.06%

Total:188
Fusioncode said:
Samus Aran said:
Fusioncode said:
All of the Metroid Prime games are excellent, but I think the third one is the best. The level design was fantastic, I loved fighting the bounty hunters, and it had the best use of the Wii controller in any game I've played.

- It was too easy

- I prefer one big world as opposed to several smaller ones. Never the less, most worlds in MP3 were great. 

- Story wasn't as deep. The struggle between the Luminoth and the Ing was amazing if you took the time to read every single scan. The struggle between the conservatives and the modernists on the reptile planet in MP3 was also great though. 

The difficulty was a bit on the easy side but that didn't bother me too much. 

I loved the world in Metroid Prime 3, no complaints on that part.

It's a been awhile since I've played them but I don't remember the first two having particularly memorable storylines. At least no more so than the third one. 

Metroid Prime 2's story was hidden through scans and architecture while Metroid Prime 3's story was more in the open. I prefer the first one, personal preference of mine. 

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Pemalite said:
Can't pass up Super Metroid, I can't remember how many times I got stuck and the amount of back-tracking exploring I spent in that game as a kid on the SNES.
Every new area I managed to get to, made me so bloody proud of my achievement. :P

I would not complain if there was a HD remake of it with completely remade assets.

Haven't really played the other Metroids unfortunately as my tastes in gaming shifted as I got older and thus by extension so did my primary gaming platform.

You can always try the Prime  games on an emulator if you want.

Yeah I know. My backlog of games is stupidly large however.
Need to go find the games on Ebay for some emulation fun.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mines Other M. o.o

Super Metroid for me, but Metroid Prime is a very close second. Both games are in my top 15.

A tie between Zero Mission and Fusion. The gameplay in those games is so fricking smooth, especially ZM. The horror elements in Fusion made my heart race.

Around the Network

Metroid Fusion. I liked the more linear aspect and  focus on story it had when compared to previous Metroid games. Also, SA X basically made the game, I actually got scared when playing thanks to it.

super metroid and metroid prime have runaway with things. good.

prime or super. cant decide.

the third is zero mission

Metroid Fusion.

Though Super Metroid is also sublime. The original did't really click with me. Maybe I should play Zero Mission once. Haven't played Metroid Prime though for some reason, I'll get that someday and see if it'll beat Fusion.

I've only finished Prime and Fusion, and they were both pretty good. Oh, also Other M. I actually enjoyed Other M. It was nice to have something a little different. I still have some others I need to finish, namely Super Metroid and Prime 2 and 3.

Out of the ones I have finished I pick Prime.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash