By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Metroid game in your opinion!

Favorite Metroid game?

Metroid 3 1.60%

Super Metroid 65 34.57%

Metroid Prime 76 40.43%

Metroid Prime 2 9 4.79%

Metroid Prime 3 8 4.26%

Metroid Other M 11 5.85%

Metroid Fusion 12 6.38%

Metroid Prime Hunters 1 0.53%

Metroid II ( Game Boy) 1 0.53%

Metroid Zero Mission 2 1.06%

Total:188
RazorDragon said:

Metroid Fusion. I liked the more linear aspect and  focus on story it had when compared to previous Metroid games. Also, SA X basically made the game, I actually got scared when playing thanks to it.

It wasn't all that linear. Each area was open enough to still be a challenge to navigate, and they were all connected so you felt like you were exploring. And the endgame had plenty of secrets everywhere.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Metroid Fusion.

Though Super Metroid is also sublime. The original did't really click with me. Maybe I should play Zero Mission once. Haven't played Metroid Prime though for some reason, I'll get that someday and see if it'll beat Fusion.

if you liked the gameplay in Fusion, then you'll absolutely love the gameplay in Zero Mission, the gameplay is absolutely perfected.

I love almost all the Metroid games but I don't think any of them are even close to Super Metroid caliber.

The original Metroid has a sacred place in my heart. Metroid Prime would have beat it if it had jump boots instead of space jump boots. and I'm too much in love with the first

1A. Metroid Prime
1B. Super Metroid
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. Metroid Prime 2
5. Metroid Fusion
6. Metroid
7. Metroid: Other M

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I never got into the Prime series, but Super Metroid ranks 17 on my top 50 list.

Prime 2. One of the best games ever made.

prime 1

MohammadBadir said:
S.Peelman said:
Metroid Fusion.

Though Super Metroid is also sublime. The original did't really click with me. Maybe I should play Zero Mission once. Haven't played Metroid Prime though for some reason, I'll get that someday and see if it'll beat Fusion.

if you liked the gameplay in Fusion, then you'll absolutely love the gameplay in Zero Mission, the gameplay is absolutely perfected.

I agree with Mohammad. Zero Mission is, in my mind, even better than Fusion. It's probably the best portable game I've ever played.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
MohammadBadir said:
S.Peelman said:
Metroid Fusion.

I agree with Mohammad. Zero Mission is, in my mind, even better than Fusion. It's probably the best portable game I've ever played.

shame we still haven't gotten Metroid 5 or even Metroid: Super Mission yet, the thirst for 2D Metroid is real!

...atleast we still have that Reven indie game that's coming up :P