By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

I believe the PS4 is better, because it will most likely  end up with the best  library of games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
sweetoothj said:

@leo-j

I honestly doubt difference will be significant later down the road. Microsoft makes third party developers sign a contract that pretty much makes it where if the game perform significantly better or looks significantly better on the competitor's platform (ps4) they wont allow the game on their system. Same way last generation. It can look slighly better on ps4 ,but not a lot better.

Source?

There is no source, just people misinterpreting ID@XBOX rules and assuming those misinterpretations apply to major third parties.

JoeTheBro said:
Blood_Tears said:
sweetoothj said:

@leo-j

I honestly doubt difference will be significant later down the road. Microsoft makes third party developers sign a contract that pretty much makes it where if the game perform significantly better or looks significantly better on the competitor's platform (ps4) they wont allow the game on their system. Same way last generation. It can look slighly better on ps4 ,but not a lot better.

Source?

There is no source, just people misinterpreting ID@XBOX rules and assuming those misinterpretations apply to major third parties.

My thoughts exactly.

RJ_Sizzle said:
DaRev said:
Because Sony fanboys are the loudest minority in the gaming industry. PS3 was also arguably better than the 360, but we all know how that turned out.

I know right? Coming from a distant 3rd and eventually outselling 360. I mean, who knew?

It was inevitable really, but I think with every generation that goes on Microsoft gains a bigger userbase. Anyways, I think the X1 right now is a better value than the PS4, considering what's packed in the box.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

I think it's more to do with the fact that it's cheaper and has better tech. The only disadvantage is that it doesn't come with the camera thing but I doubt most gamers care about that.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
oniyide said:
DaRev said:
Because Sony fanboys are the loudest minority in the gaming industry. PS3 was also arguably better than the 360, but we all know how that turned out.

with the PS3 selling more in the end despite being released a year later?

OT why would one care if people say which console is better? Unless its something blatantly wrong.

As I said, it was inevitable, but who really cares at this point - MS alread did their damage to the Sony dominance in the gaming industry.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

sweetoothj said:

First off, there has been plenty of gaming consoles that were weak for its time that ended up being great like the ps2.

Idk. I had all three that gen and if there was a multiplatform game, I was getting it for Xbox. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm paying $60.00 a pop for a product, I want the best product I can get.

JoeTheBro said:
Blood_Tears said:
sweetoothj said:

@leo-j

Source?

As well as people misintepreting launch date parity with feature/performance parity.

You can just look at every single multiplatform game out there to see that there is no feature/performance parity rule in effect.

Yes, some people will not care about the smaller graphical differences, although the question for me is why pay more for even slightly less?

But what remains is things like frame speed issues which is certainly more noticeable and important in many games.

And I guess, who wouldn't want to reward and patronize the platform that just did their best to make a kick ass experience and let developer run wild?

That, or the one who tries to justify a 2nd rate experience, with forced accessories that nobody can show any good game using,

and tries to sway consumers by throwing money and devs to go exclusive instead of also developing for the strongest performing platform?

Isn't that like rooting for a sports team who pays off other teams' players to not play as hard against them so they can win more?

leo-j said:
Because the GPU is significantly more powerful, and it was recently confirmed the cpu is more powerful too.. And it has faster ram..

And I think a game running at 1080p vs 720p is a big difference.. And either way most games are ports from last gen.. And you will see a difference going forward

Got a source for that CPU claim which also has source to solid technical information? (Or both?) If not, I suggest everyone to take it with a grain of salt.

Sony has been pretty quiet on the CPU front, so one would guess that it's actually weaker than the Xbox One, not only because of clockspeeds but because of the potentially higher latency memory. (With that in mind, we have no idea how the eSRAM affects the latency either, be it better or worse.)
If the PS4's CPU was faster, Sony and their followers would be milking it for all it's worth, instead they've been focused on the GPU and Memory.

If the Xbox One does have an advantage on the CPU, then RTS games are certainly going to be better on that System, the trickle of RTS games that consoles get anyway and CPU based Physics should have an edge too.

As for the 1080P vs 720P argument, I have to agree, but not everyone will notice the difference for a multitude of reasons. (I.E. Panel size and viewing distance, degraded eyesight etc'.)
With that in mind, I can't stand either resolution, it's something I expect in a 5" phone, not a dedicated gaming device, roll on 2k and 4k resolution standards.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

sweetoothj said:

First off, there has been plenty of gaming consoles that were weak for its time that ended up being great like the ps2. Second off, no one besides Sony's first party studios are going to be able to take advantage of it. I was looking at these side by side graphic comparisions between xbox one and ps4 and can't tell much difference and the difference will be even less noticable to anyone else that is playing the game a few feet from the t.v. and not standing right next to the t.v. Surely this can't be a legit reason to prefer a console over another.

This is why when Microsoft was caught off guard in February when they found out how powerful the PS4 was they doubled back and tried to fix the clock speed of the Xbox One right? 

Anyone who makes a game exclusively for a platform can take advantage of the architecture if they try and have a close enough relationship with a company. Gears of War is a great example. So many games were made with the Unreal Engine but none surpassed what Gears did on the Xbox graphically. Microsofts major advantages are the games they are keeping away from Sony like Titanfall and Dead Rising 3. Without those games their launch would've actually been worse than Sony's. In the long run I trust Sony's dedication to internal software support with multitudes of successful franchises opposed to Microsoft's flimsy set. Microsofts ability to close deals fo third party exclusives helps them in their battle against Sony though.

Microsoft had the better looking third party titles last gen and biased individuals used that as a crutch as to why the Xbox 360 was superior.

Sony is a greater investment in the long run as we saw with the PS3. Microsoft can only hope to internally amass a diverse selection games such as theirs. Hopefully they will succeed this gen. Hope is the only word I can use though.

based on the tech as we've seen it and from the reports, the PS4 will be superior in both exclusives and multiplats, not just in exclusives which was the case in the seventh generation.