By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

That's because it isn't the reason. It's just what Sony has brainwashed them all to say. Truth is Sony has a brand image which caught on in the playstation era and they've held onto that audience ever since. The only thing Sony could do to screw it up is to do something which outright betrays that audience. Sony hasn't even done anything interesting, they haven't even done anything risky... So chance in hell of that ever happening. Sony has thoroughly established themselves as the brand which doesn't change.

Sony has had the weakest console and it's had the strongest console, that doesn't matter at all. They are simply fanboys in the truest sense of the word.

Around the Network

The PS4 is not better because of it's power but rather it offers the almost same set of games for a lower price. The extra power is just an icing on the cake.

DarkD said:

That's because it isn't the reason. It's just what Sony has brainwashed them all to say. Truth is Sony has a brand image which caught on in the playstation era and they've held onto that audience ever since. The only thing Sony could do to screw it up is to do something which outright betrays that audience. Sony hasn't even done anything interesting, they haven't even done anything risky... So chance in hell of that ever happening. Sony has thoroughly established themselves as the brand which doesn't change.

Sony has had the weakest console and it's had the strongest console, that doesn't matter at all. They are simply fanboys in the truest sense of the word.

Yeah...Sony brainwashed themselves into third place and brainwashed themselves into second place right?

....What exactly are you trying to say? Sony has done a lot to win the good graces of fans back. Sony is known to increase their library of successful franchises every gen.If it wasnt for the Kinect Sony would've passed Microsoft two years ago in sales.

Gears of War cannot follow Microsoft unless Epic says it does. Same goes for Titanfall with EA which will be full multiplat by the second game. Sony doesn't need to worry about that with Uncharted or The last of Us, now do they?

50% more power for $100 less is really all that need be said if price/performance is a consideration to a prospective buyer.

I don't really care to hear any of the debates whether it's 30%, 20%, whatever either. There are simply higher spec components in the PS4 for whatever that's worth.

That said, it really doesn't matter if a buyer prefers to play on XBL, or his/her friends prefer to play on XBL, or they really like Kinect or want a box that they can route their cable service through. It doesn't matter what the reason is; people typically buy what they want even if they are fully aware of the differences and pros and cons of what they're buying.

So, no need to defend the choice to stick with the XB1 over the PS4 on account of specs or price. People like what they like.

Sony managed to make the PS3 which was more expensive and had a less powerful GPU than the Xbox 360, eventually beat the 360 in WW sales, and get a really fantastic game library.

Now the PS4 which is cheaper, and has a more powerful GPU, has every chance of being the #1 selling console of the generation by some margin. That's significant because then Sony will attract the best developer support, like in the PS2 generation.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
DaRev said:

It was inevitable really, but I think with every generation that goes on Microsoft gains a bigger userbase. Anyways, I think the X1 right now is a better value than the PS4, considering what's packed in the box.

Dude i own both and really it isent.  
As fun as talking to the bone to turn it on is, PS4 ruthlessly faster boot up and game loads are worth way more.  Bone is a fast mustang but Ps4 is a race spec Ferrari.

This gen you got some of the best devs in the world working exclusivly on the more powerfull easy to program console.  Ill tell you PS4 is gonna slaughter the bone once Sony first partys start dropping thier games.  

Who the hell cares!?!?!?!? Stop with these fanboy articles.

sweetoothj said:

First off, there has been plenty of gaming consoles that were weak for its time that ended up being great like the ps2. Second off, no one besides Sony's first party studios are going to be able to take advantage of it. I was looking at these side by side graphic comparisions between xbox one and ps4 and can't tell much difference and the difference will be even less noticable to anyone else that is playing the game a few feet from the t.v. and not standing right next to the t.v. Surely this can't be a legit reason to prefer a console over another.

Oh well lucky then that sony first party is rather big.

Plenty reasons Ps4 is better

Ps4 is more powerfull
It costs Less
MUCH better 1st party 
Many more exclusive franchises (sony own way more)
Has the indies kissin their ass
Has the 3rd parties back on their shlong
Never had the drm bs evil policies MS was forced to abandon (in theory could bring back)
PS4 controller is rechargabe , Xbox one come with aa's WTF (seriosly MS you cheap fraks have u no shame) extra 25$

sweetoothj said:
theleaguegame said:
sweetoothj said:

@leo-j

I honestly doubt difference will be significant later down the road. Microsoft makes third party developers sign a contract that pretty much makes it where if the game perform significantly better or looks significantly better on the competitor's platform (ps4) they wont allow the game on their system. Same way last generation. It can look slighly better on ps4 ,but not a lot better.

watch this video in either 1080p or 720p.. remember to switch it from 360p in the settings in the video.. if u still think it is a slight difference my next suggestion is get glasses.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/11/12/call-of-duty-ghosts-in-1080p-ps4-vs-xbox-one-commentary

i agree graphics shouldent make a system if u want good grpahics buy a pc but not everyone has 3k to drop on a powerful pc..

I checked the video and still dont see that much difference. These are close up videos and even the commentator said ps4 is sharper ,but not leaps and bounds above xbox one.

Or you could just buy the better product for a hundred dollars less...

DaRev said:
oniyide said:
DaRev said:
Because Sony fanboys are the loudest minority in the gaming industry. PS3 was also arguably better than the 360, but we all know how that turned out.

with the PS3 selling more in the end despite being released a year later?

OT why would one care if people say which console is better? Unless its something blatantly wrong.

As I said, it was inevitable, but who really cares at this point - MS alread did their damage to the Sony dominance in the gaming industry.

Was it? was it really? did you really believe that? serious question OR did the system catch up and the you were like ok its gonna happen. Becasue there were many people on this very site who didnt believe it would and had to eat a lot of crow with tater sauce. Yeah some damage BUT nothing is set in stone and id say MS did a little damage to itself. MS could and seems to be losing some marketshare back to Sony