By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

d21lewis said:
In a way, I want to say Microsoft and Nintendo blew it. They could have made a better system than the PS4 easily. Instead, they approached it logically.

"Let's make a console with enough power and price it where we can make some money", they said.

Meanwhile Sony was like "We've lost so much money. We're doing so poorly right now. Fuck it. MORE POWER AT A+LOW PRICE!"

It makes no sense to me. How was Sony able to do this?!? They're like the poor family that sent their kid to the prom in a fucking helicopter! My mind just can't wrap itself around how Sony is going to win this generation. It does not compute. Does not compute. Does not

*explodes*

No

Anyways, I like the exclusives on xbox one like Halo, Quatum Break and sunset overdrive since I like insomiac games. And the games shared by both xbox one and pc such as Titan Fall. I am not much of a pc gamer to be quite honest. But ps4 is an amazing system, just never understand the mentality about slightly better graphics.

Around the Network
DaRev said:
Because Sony fanboys are the loudest minority in the gaming industry. PS3 was also arguably better than the 360, but we all know how that turned out.

I know right? Coming from a distant 3rd and eventually outselling 360. I mean, who knew?

It's simple Xbox One is a murica console thus it will have lower sales. About every damn extra that has been added is based on the US. Also the fact of it's horrible E3 show, horrid marketing during that time with pissing in fans faces might have a bit do it with it ;)

As a European gamer I walk a mile around that thing no matter the exclusives.
Then again I belong to the PC master race and like my WiiU. Probably will get a PS4 down the line though but an Xbox One... hell no and it has nothing to do with specs of it but more with Microsofts attitude.

Predictions
I will win the internetz

to be fair... you would have to include the PS eye to have a legit comparison.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

sweetoothj said:

I will give you the less money arguement.

They go hand in hand those two arguments. On top of that those arent the only two arguments either.

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:

First off, there has been plenty of gaming consoles that were weak for its time that ended up being great like the ps2. Second off, no one besides Sony's first party studios are going to be able to take advantage of it. I was looking at these side by side graphic comparisions between xbox one and ps4 and can't tell much difference and the difference will be even less noticable to anyone else that is playing the game a few feet from the t.v. and not standing right next to the t.v. Surely this can't be a legit reason to prefer a console over another.

Here is why: You can measure it (and it shows in every multi platform games so far, if it's not resolution it's AA, frames per second, and/or lighting effects) people mind about image quality, they will not say "resolution" or use detailed analysis... but when you pay more for a gadget you expact more out of it, not a compromise beteen more or less functional tv integration and multi tasking against better games... (unless you thing MS owned studios are better than Sony's studios).

Also, it's obvious that both Sony AND MS will have a much more complete offering for extra functions in a few months to a year...

I personally think that stronger specs make the PS4 a better system overall, and gives it more potential for the future... and I do not particularely like MS software to begin with, so I am more happy not to have windows 8 on my TV...

sweetoothj said:

No

Anyways, I like the exclusives on xbox one like Halo, Quatum Break and sunset overdrive since I like insomiac games. And the games shared by both xbox one and pc such as Titan Fall. I am not much of a pc gamer to be quite honest. But ps4 is an amazing system, just never understand the mentality about slightly better graphics.

Insomniac is , unfortunatly, a shhadow of its former self. The last 3 titles (before nexus with nexus only being decent) they relesed were garbage. Ontop of which you dont know anything about sunset overdrive. Also, im pretty sure insomniac will find their way back to sony after their awful adventure with EA

sweetoothj said:

@leo-j

I honestly doubt difference will be significant later down the road. Microsoft makes third party developers sign a contract that pretty much makes it where if the game perform significantly better or looks significantly better on the competitor's platform (ps4) they wont allow the game on their system. Same way last generation. It can look slighly better on ps4 ,but not a lot better.

Source?

This is the way of the fanboys. You don't have to justify your purchase to them. If you enjoy MS games then buy an X1, if you like PS games then go with the PS4 if you like to brag about highest resolution and graphics alone then get a decent PC. Graphics alone won't make the better console of course but you know fanboys and logic don't get along too well.

DaRev said:
Because Sony fanboys are the loudest minority in the gaming industry. PS3 was also arguably better than the 360, but we all know how that turned out.

with the PS3 selling more in the end despite being released a year later?

OT why would one care if people say which console is better? Unless its something blatantly wrong.