By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone keep saying the reason why ps4 is better than Xbox one because its more powerful.

I agree, ps4 will win this generation, but slightly better graphics and sales doesnt mean anything in terms of quality of a console.

Around the Network

Without any other indicator of how the next 5-6 years are going to pan out, it's all we have to go on for the time being. The more power there is, there more possibilities there are for devs. The fact that there's more power at a lesser price is what's pushing it.

You also mention in your post that it's "only" Sony's first parties that are going to take advantage of it. For a lot of people on these forums, that's actually a massive deal.

Personally, I couldn't care less. I'm genuinely happy playing JRPG's with PS2-era graphics and action-platformers that haven't made many steps forward graphically since the start of the seventh gen. Graphics plateau'd a while back for me in terms of impressiveness, although I am occasionally still blown away (by the oddest of things too - Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Ratchet & Clank: Nexus being the most recent examples). It's more about graphical style than pure brunt of graphics, in any case.

SvennoJ said:

Some people like games in native 1080p display resolution with stable frame rates, some people don't care and still play on smaller HD ready sets.

PS4 is better for gamers because
- better price/performance ratio.
- better focus on the gaming experience.
- easier to move between locations.

And how is this supposed to appeal to me in any way

WiiU is best right now, only 1 offering great couch co-op atm. Playing super mario 3D world together beats all.

Didnt the ps4 version of call of duty have bad frames per second thus the reason websites such as polygon deduct .5 points of the ps4 version.

It's because the PS4 is an anti PS3. Sony guys had better looking exclusives, but the complexity of ps3 coding made multiplats suffer. 360 guys championed how bad ps3 ports were.

Now that things are reversed and unlike last gen there's a significant difference, it's natural that Sony fans will champion the PS4's power.

Because Sony fanboys are the loudest minority in the gaming industry. PS3 was also arguably better than the 360, but we all know how that turned out.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network

ps4. will have more and better games including features, can't wait to see what gaikai brings

and it's cheaper

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Ah... here we go again with the "someone said something" by me. Proceed to explain.

I dont feel compelled to defend ficticious people.

Personally, i dont think that is the reason alone. I think theres more compelling reasons. But, since i didnt say it, i dunno why i should bother explain why some bogus people might say exactly that, cause you say so.

In a way, I want to say Microsoft and Nintendo blew it. They could have made a better system than the PS4 easily. Instead, they approached it logically.

"Let's make a console with enough power and price it where we can make some money", they said.

Meanwhile Sony was like "We've lost so much money. We're doing so poorly right now. Fuck it. MORE POWER AT A+LOW PRICE!"

It makes no sense to me. How was Sony able to do this?!? They're like the poor family that sent their kid to the prom in a fucking helicopter! My mind just can't wrap itself around how Sony is going to win this generation. It does not compute. Does not compute. Does not

*explodes*

It is a cheaper and more powerful

There is no reason to buy an Xbox One unless you think that Microsoft's studios are going to outperform Sony's. I see no reason to believe that, especially if you consider their respective outputs over the last few years

But I'm happy with my console. I just want people to buy PS4s so we get a PS5

Because most people buy Sony and Microsoft consoles for third party games, and nowadays both get ~99% of them, so a PS2 scenario won't happen again.

Since for them software isn't a big reason to choose one or the other, they look at secondary reasons (price, power), and Sony has an advantage in both.