By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Nintendo Direct This Month? <(T_T<)

Will there be a Direct this month?

Heck yeah!!! 61 46.92%

Naw mawn... 69 53.08%

Total:130
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Directs don't reach people who aren't Nintendo fans which is somewhat retarded.

Alright, since you kids can't help but bring up pointless topics unrelated to the OP, I guess I have no choice but to go with it. :L

#1. How do you know that?
#2. Even if true (it's not), so what?
#3. How are they supposed to go about about announcing their stuff that doesn't involve the internet?

If those tidbit trailers were actually aired on tv with a link to nintendo.com/direct shown afterwards for the full show that would help.

Snipped out all the irrelevant filler, and we're left with a vague answer to question #3.
So they're supossed to announce games n stuff on TV on a regular basis? Have they ever done that? Has Sony or Microsoft ever done that? I've certainly never heard of this. Advertising their games on release is of course a no brainer and something they've been doing, especially now, but game announcements n features and all that stuff really don't belong there, as 30 seconds is not nearly enough time.

You're convinced directs do a good job selling games, good for you, sales say different. Most people still dont know what the system is, a year later how is that excusable. Im sure Nintendo Direct is just as foreign a concept. Im N ot saying they should scrap it, but they need ways to access peope who dont log onto youtube to specifically watch a direct (i.e. ninty fans and core gamers). I didn't buy a Wii U with the intention of it being a nintendo only machine, 7 of my 9 games are 3rd party. I already didn't get Rivals which is a shame as Most Wanted was a damn good port because of poor sales, and things are going to get worse, much much worse. This makes me quite upset, knowing I wont get support on this system after two or so years and will have to buy another console to experience console exclusives. Given I only own 2 nintendo games I really shouldnt have bought the thing.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

They won't do another Direct until January, I expect. They'll need some new trailers, release dates and announcements out in the wild before their financial results come in, missed targets are reported and sales forecasts revised downwards.

Also, for those arguing Directs are ineffective: they are covered by every major gaming website, they give Nintendo regular press, they give different Nintendo titles a turn in the spotlight, and they are good PR for the company. Pointing to Wii U as proof Directs don't work is a poor argument: 3DS and its software regularly feature in Directs and that system is certainly doing well. That's not to say Nintendo don't have wider problems with their marketing and need something to complement Directs, but dropping Nintendo Directs will lose them a valuable, positive outlet for news when they desperately need it.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Alright, since you kids can't help but bring up pointless topics unrelated to the OP, I guess I have no choice but to go with it. :L

#3. How are they supposed to go about about announcing their stuff that doesn't involve the internet?

If those tidbit trailers were actually aired on tv with a link to nintendo.com/direct shown afterwards for the full show that would help.

Snipped out all the irrelevant filler, and we're left with a vague answer to question #3.
So they're supossed to announce games n stuff on TV on a regular basis? Have they ever done that? Has Sony or Microsoft ever done that? I've certainly never heard of this. Advertising their games on release is of course a no brainer and something they've been doing, especially now, but game announcements n features and all that stuff really don't belong there, as 30 seconds is not nearly enough time.

You're convinced directs do a good job selling games, good for you, sales say different. Most people still dont know what the system is, a year later how is that excusable. Im sure Nintendo Direct is just as foreign a concept. Im N ot saying they should scrap it, but they need ways to access peope who dont log onto youtube to specifically watch a direct (i.e. ninty fans and core gamers). I didn't buy a Wii U with the intention of it being a nintendo only machine, 7 of my 9 games are 3rd party. I already didn't get Rivals which is a shame as Most Wanted was a damn good port because of poor sales, and things are going to get worse, much much worse. This makes me quite upset, knowing I wont get support on this system after two or so years and will have to buy another console to experience console exclusives. Given I only own 2 nintendo games I really shouldnt have bought the thing.

I like how your entire post had nothing to do with mine.

It`s a shae, I liked those.

They need a little more time for the next Nintendo dirtect

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
They need a little more time for the next Nintendo dirtect

They've been able to pump a direct out every month since sometime last year, so I'm sure time isn't a factor.

SubiyaCryolite said:
P.S. Almost a year later I still meet people who've never even heard of the Wii U

About two decades later, I've met people who aren't exactly sure what a PlayStation is.

Love and tolerate.

Whether the Directs attract a large audience or not is really a secondary consideration. The simple fact is they provide a vehicle for Nintendo to release information about their games without any direct reliance on the media.

They are then picked up by nearly every major gaming publication in the world and re-posted with varying levels of editorialisation, but the original information, the way that Nintendo intended it to be seen, is available for all and sundry via Youtube.

It would be nice to see one this month but I wonder if they will wait until after Christmas.

Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

I like how your entire post had nothing to do with mine.

Funny, seeing as I address your point in the first bolded sentence. The second is for  Asriel. The Wonderful 101 had an entire direct dedicated to it, how did that turn out? All the games shown during nintendos 3rd party reel during E3 direct, how did they sell? Skipping E3 was a bad discision in my books. Bayonetta  would have much more profound effect on the public there than on directs. You think the likes of Destiny, Watchdogs and Battlefield getting centre stage at Sony and Microsofts events is a dumb idea? Wonder why the Wii U version of Watch Dogs is the only version NOT in th preorder charts? Going to the stores was the best idea they've had in a long time. Perhaps the games at direct should be demod once a month at large retailers, hell I dont know. The current strategy ISNT selling 3rd party games. It failed the Wonderful 101 do you expect Bayonetta 2 or X to be different? Answer that and I will shut up and peacefully leave this thread.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

at this rate I doubt we'll get one (although fingers crossed for surprise announcement tomorrow)