By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Nintendo Direct This Month? <(T_T<)

Will there be a Direct this month?

Heck yeah!!! 61 46.92%

Naw mawn... 69 53.08%

Total:130

I'm gonna say...

Pretty much guaranteed we will see:

Kirby Triple Deluxe for 3DS
Yoshi's Island for 3DS
Bravely Default for 3DS (maybe a demo for US?)

DKC TF for Wii U
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

Any other Wii U or 3DS guesses?

I don't think Bayo or Smash are likely to be there, after Sakurai's Tweet about Smash yesterday.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:
I'm gonna say...

Yoshi's Island for 3DS

DKC TF for Wii U
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

I don't think Bayo or Smash are likely to be there, after Sakurai's Tweet about Smash yesterday.

what did sakurai tweet?

SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Directs don't reach people who aren't Nintendo fans which is somewhat retarded.

Alright, since you kids can't help but bring up pointless topics unrelated to the OP, I guess I have no choice but to go with it. :L

#1. How do you know that?
#2. Even if true (it's not), so what?
#3. How are they supposed to go about about announcing their stuff that doesn't involve the internet?

If those tidbit trailers were actually aired on tv with a link to nintendo.com/direct shown afterwards for the full show that would help.

Snipped out all the irrelevant filler, and we're left with a vague answer to question #3.
So they're supossed to announce games n stuff on TV on a regular basis? Have they ever done that? Has Sony or Microsoft ever done that? I've certainly never heard of this. Advertising their games on release is of course a no brainer and something they've been doing, especially now, but game announcements n features and all that stuff really don't belong there, as 30 seconds is not nearly enough time.

You're convinced directs do a good job selling games, good for you, sales say different. Most people still dont know what the system is, a year later how is that excusable. Im sure Nintendo Direct is just as foreign a concept. Im N ot saying they should scrap it, but they need ways to access peope who dont log onto youtube to specifically watch a direct (i.e. ninty fans and core gamers). I didn't buy a Wii U with the intention of it being a nintendo only machine, 7 of my 9 games are 3rd party. I already didn't get Rivals which is a shame as Most Wanted was a damn good port because of poor sales, and things are going to get worse, much much worse. This makes me quite upset, knowing I wont get support on this system after two or so years and will have to buy another console to experience console exclusives. Given I only own 2 nintendo games I really shouldnt have bought the thing.

I like how your entire post had nothing to do with mine.

Funny, seeing as I address your point in the first bolded sentence.

Uh, except you didn't. Are you even reading my post lol? I'm asking you specifically how they should go about announcing their stuff, so repeatedly saying they need ways of appealing to people outside of the internet adds nothing to conversation, and certainly doesn't answer any of my questions. No surprise though as you admit that you don't have a better option, yet you have the audacity to criticize their current method.

From what I gather, you're under the impression that Directs are a substitute for commercials, and that advertising is everything when it comes to selling a game. Well these are both false. As explained already by others, Directs are simply a cheap and efficient way to announce their stuff and keep us updated on the latest, cause you know, they have to reveal their junk before they can sell em. Third Party games generally don't sell as well on Nintendo systems, and this stemmed from a long history of strife between them and third partys. Nothing they can do about that now, possibly ever honestly. And lol at Nintendo not being at E3! Such a statement only tells me I probably shouldn't keep on with this, but eh I'm bored.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

You asked, Nintendo delivered. Lol :).

Hah, they did indeed! Nintendo Direct a monthly occurrence 100% confirmed!

Screamapillar said:
I'm gonna say...

Yoshi's Island for 3DS

DKC TF for Wii U
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

That'd be uber hot! Though I'm unsure about MK8 being there, but it'd make sense if it truely is getting a March release.

Around the Network

Games for Spring? Cool.
So far, for Wii U, we got until summer, Dk and Mario Kart (pretty much confirmed). Will be good to see if Yoshi is coming in Spring or even FEvsSMT.

Screamapillar said:
I'm gonna say...

Yoshi's Island for 3DS

DKC TF for Wii U
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

It's been over a month since the last character reveal for Smash, I honestly think we will see a character reveal (Zelda maybe?)

Spazzy_D said:
Screamapillar said:
I'm gonna say...

Yoshi's Island for 3DS

DKC TF for Wii U
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

It's been over a month since the last character reveal for Smash, I honestly think we will see a character reveal (Zelda maybe?)

Yoshi or Diddy Kong would be my bet!

Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

SubiyaCryolite said:
Directs don't reach people who aren't Nintendo fans which is somewhat retarded. 

[Even if its on twitter how does that interest the same crowd that bought into the Wii ?]

If those tidbit trailers were actually aired on tv with a link to nintendo.com/direct shown afterwards for the full show that would help. [They could be 30s max with the damn link afterwards]

>>>>>> Most people still dont know what the system is, a year later how is that excusable. [ see sales]

>>>>>> Im sure Nintendo Direct is just as foreign a concept. [ see people who dont know the system, and who would not come accross it ]

>>>>>> Im not saying they should scrap it, but they need ways to access peope who dont log onto youtube to specifically watch a direct (i.e. ninty fans and core gamers) [ Emphasis on this genious ]

Uh, except you didn't. Are you even reading my post lol? I'm asking you specifically how they should go about announcing their stuff, so repeatedly saying they need ways of appealing to people outside of the internet adds nothing to conversation, and certainly doesn't answer any of my questions. No surprise though as you admit that you don't have a better option, yet you have the audacity to criticize their current method.

"yet you have the audacity to criticize their current method" all hail Nintendo

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

SubiyaCryolite said:

"yet you have the audacity to criticize their current method" all hail Nintendo

So are you ever gonna answer my questions or what?