By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Nintendo Direct This Month? <(T_T<)

Will there be a Direct this month?

Heck yeah!!! 61 46.92%

Naw mawn... 69 53.08%

Total:130
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Directs don't reach people who aren't Nintendo fans which is somewhat retarded.

Alright, since you kids can't help but bring up pointless topics unrelated to the OP, I guess I have no choice but to go with it. :L

#1. How do you know that?
#2. Even if true (it's not), so what?
#3. How are they supposed to go about about announcing their stuff that doesn't involve the internet?

Go ahead and be defensive, little to no one knows about the system and I dont see why people who dont own or plan on owning a Wii U or 3DS would even bother tuning in. If those tidbit trailers were actually aired on tv with a link to nintendo.com/direct shown afterwards for the full show that would help. Just this weekend I had my Gamepad streaming Tekken replays on my lap and someome asked me "What is that?", "A Wii U" I said, "Ive never heard of that". At this point Im not event surprised. Of course he knew what a PS4 and XBox One are and he's just an average 30 something year old man. He probably wouldnt even sit through a direct, if he even got to one to begin with. But he would buy a One or PS4 out of impulse if a game he liked had a spot during a UEFA match or something. Gosh. I don't know why some Ninty fans want to act like advertising, third party support and mass market appeal are the enemy.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
TK14 said:
I think we'll get a BIG one in January like last year. I think it will contain (some of this may be wishful thinking):

1) 2nd trailer for Mario Kart 8. Release month announced.
2) 2nd trailer for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, new character/s reveal/ed, release "window" announced.
3) 3rd trailer and official title for "X" by Monolith Soft, along with a release "window" announced.
4) Bayonetta 2 trailer and release "window" announced.
5) The Legend of Zelda Wii U teased-even if it's just them confirming that it will be unveiled officially at E3 2014.
6) Yarn Yoshi first official trailer, title, release "window" announced.
7) Update on SMT X FE, hopefully a trailer.
8) Kirby Triple Deluxe 2nd trailer and release date announced.
9) Update on Mario Golf: World Tour, release "window" announced.
10) Update on Yoshi's New Island, release "window" announced.
11) Year of Yoshi celebration?
12) Teasers or announcements of new games for Wii U/3DS.

Imagine those airing on TV for a month targetted at the right demographic

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Or maybe they just don't have anything more to show? If you don't push a tiny bit of effort in getting third party games... I own a Wii U too as a big Nintendo fan, but Nintendo deserves this punishment with Wii U. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put some Nintendo games on Wii U and expect to sell equally with Wii and doing absolutely nothing with all the money they made with Wii/DS.

fatslob-:O said:
IsawYoshi said:
They realized that these directs were worthless in trying to get a sizable audience.

I doubt they are worthless. I'm pretty sure the sales of the likes of Fire Emblem were boosted by ND. Why not just have them? Afaik they have rought a million viewers every time. Pretty much free commercial.

These so called "million viewers" are mostly composed of nintendo fans so ...

Upselling existing fans to more games sounds like a better prospect than getting new people at this point.

Seriously how can advertising to already engaged people be a bad thing.

I'm pretty sure that if we don't get one in december, one will come in early january. so in the end it's the same.

Around the Network

Nintendo directs are worthless and do not reach anyone outside nintendo fandom, sales of Super Mario 3D World should tell you that. I'm sure the majority of people (outside Nintendo fandom that is) still remember only the E3 trailer, which was bad. Any subsequent updates on the game through directs would have been ignored by people who are just casual passerbys.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

Not in december. There wasn't one last year and there won't be one this month. Until next month in the final days.

There was one in December of last year. Nothing too amazing about it which is probably why you forgot.

It must have been insignificant as I don't remember it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Soleron said:
IsawYoshi said:
They realized that these directs were worthless in trying to get a sizable audience.

I doubt they are worthless. I'm pretty sure the sales of the likes of Fire Emblem were boosted by ND. Why not just have them? Afaik they have rought a million viewers every time. Pretty much free commercial.

These so called "million viewers" are mostly composed of nintendo fans so ...

Upselling existing fans to more games sounds like a better prospect than getting new people at this point.

Seriously how can advertising to already engaged people be a bad thing.

Touche. 

They usually don't announce them until the day before or something like that so who knows...there could be one this friday for all we know. I personally don't think they will have one until January but I would love to be wrong

EDIT: I don't see why people are saying directs are worthless. Each time a good amount of people tune in and then all relevant info is posted on game sites for all to see. Its just a way to get information out about games more as opposed to just talking about them at game conventions and right before release. I think the people who say they are worthless are thinking that they serve the function of TV commercials when the purpose is just to keep fans happy and garner some hype here and there which they do. Every time one comes out we get a thread here and the trailers pop up on every gaming site...thats exactly what they try to do. Yes, obviously Nintendo needs to use other means of advertisement IN ADDITION TO Directs, not INSTEAD OF Directs...

SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Directs don't reach people who aren't Nintendo fans which is somewhat retarded.

Alright, since you kids can't help but bring up pointless topics unrelated to the OP, I guess I have no choice but to go with it. :L

#1. How do you know that?
#2. Even if true (it's not), so what?
#3. How are they supposed to go about about announcing their stuff that doesn't involve the internet?

If those tidbit trailers were actually aired on tv with a link to nintendo.com/direct shown afterwards for the full show that would help.

Snipped out all the irrelevant filler, and we're left with a vague answer to question #3.
So they're supossed to announce games n stuff on TV on a regular basis? Have they ever done that? Has Sony or Microsoft ever done that? I've certainly never heard of this. Advertising their games on release is of course a no brainer and something they've been doing, especially now, but game announcements n features and all that stuff really don't belong there, as 30 seconds is not nearly enough time.