By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Nintendo Direct This Month? <(T_T<)

Will there be a Direct this month?

Heck yeah!!! 61 46.92%

Naw mawn... 69 53.08%

Total:130
fatslob-:O said:
IsawYoshi said:
IsawYoshi said:

I don't think the point of these directs are to make you buy games per se.

Around the Network

Would be good to see one hype 2014 or at least tell people what to expect in January.

I think we'll get a BIG one in January like last year. I think it will contain (some of this may be wishful thinking):

1) 2nd trailer for Mario Kart 8. Release month announced.
2) 2nd trailer for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, new character/s reveal/ed, release "window" announced.
3) 3rd trailer and official title for "X" by Monolith Soft, along with a release "window" announced.
4) Bayonetta 2 trailer and release "window" announced.
5) The Legend of Zelda Wii U teased-even if it's just them confirming that it will be unveiled officially at E3 2014.
6) Yarn Yoshi first official trailer, title, release "window" announced.
7) Update on SMT X FE, hopefully a trailer.
8) Kirby Triple Deluxe 2nd trailer and release date announced.
9) Update on Mario Golf: World Tour, release "window" announced.
10) Update on Yoshi's New Island, release "window" announced.
11) Year of Yoshi celebration?
12) Teasers or announcements of new games for Wii U/3DS.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Since fatslop doesn't seem to respond I'll get OT :D

We might get a ND right before christmas, but I don't see anything important being announced. I think we'll get a direct in january in similar ways to this years january direct.

Not in december. There wasn't one last year and there won't be one this month. Until next month in the final days.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

First off, NDs are not worthless... They get spread everywhere on gaming sites and forums, so they don't just reach Nintendo fans. They cost Nintendo nearly nothing to make while they boost/create hype, and more sales in the end...

Second, the month is not over yet, we could have one in the next 2 weeks. But a big one in January seems plausible.

Anyway, we can expect big news in the upcoming direct, whenever it is. It could be the long awaited Zelda reveal/teaser, who knows. Last year direct was crazy with the amount of new games teased.

TK14 said:
I think we'll get a BIG one in January like last year. I think it will contain (some of this may be wishful thinking):

*list of awesome*

But what about December!? :O

Pavolink said:

Not in december. There wasn't one last year and there won't be one this month. Until next month in the final days.

There was one in December of last year. Nothing too amazing about it which is probably why you forgot.

I would expect a direct wishing everyone a merry christmas and outlining the games coming up in the new year.

I don't think there would be one, and I actually don't want there to be one. Is better if they wait a little bit and make one big one in January, that not only hypes Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (that is a given), but provides more information on games previously announced and new ones.