By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Nintendo Direct This Month? <(T_T<)

Will there be a Direct this month?

Heck yeah!!! 61 46.92%

Naw mawn... 69 53.08%

Total:130

At this point its obvious that I'm not saying or going to say what you want to hear. Have a good day

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Asriel said:
They won't do another Direct until January, I expect. They'll need some new trailers, release dates and announcements out in the wild before their financial results come in, missed targets are reported and sales forecasts revised downwards.

Also, for those arguing Directs are ineffective: they are covered by every major gaming website, they give Nintendo regular press, they give different Nintendo titles a turn in the spotlight, and they are good PR for the company. Pointing to Wii U as proof Directs don't work is a poor argument: 3DS and its software regularly feature in Directs and that system is certainly doing well. That's not to say Nintendo don't have wider problems with their marketing and need something to complement Directs, but dropping Nintendo Directs will lose them a valuable, positive outlet for news when they desperately need it.

You said"They won't do another direct untill january" lol. You sound so certain yet you are so wrong.

SubiyaCryolite said:

At this point its obvious that I'm not saying or going to say what you want to hear. Have a good day

That's on you for failing to answer 3 simple questions Mr. Cop Out!

Mario Kart 8 or bust!

Last year's December Direct, we got a Fire Emblem: Awakening release date, an Animal Crossing release window, eShop announcements, DLC for NSMB2, and various previews of several 2013 3DS and Wii U games, some of which were released in the second half of 2013. So I think we'll likely get no HUGE news, but rather some nice tidbits for both platforms.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Mario Kart 8 or bust!

They're gonna be focusing on games releasing through Spring, so I think that guarantees Mario Kart 8's appearance! Damn it I'm getting hyped!

Zero999 said:
Screamapillar said:
I'm gonna say...

Pretty much guaranteed we will see:

Kirby Triple Deluxe for 3DS
Yoshi's Island for 3DS
Bravely Default for 3DS (maybe a demo for US?)

DKC TF for Wii U
Mario Kart 8 for Wii U

Any other Wii U or 3DS guesses?

I don't think Bayo or Smash are likely to be there, after Sakurai's Tweet about Smash yesterday.

what did sakurai tweet?

I forget the exact quote... but basically: He's working really hard, but the "Spring" date in the quote from the Nintendo Europe exec was a misquote and the game is still only scheduled for a vague "2014".  

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.