By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo's software can no longer carry their home consoles...

One, the Wii U hasn't even come full circle yet. In fact, it just finished up it's first year.
Two, you don't need to innovate each and every generation.
Three, the Wii U is, again, not failing because of this reason. (Nor the GameCube.)

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
fatslob-:O said:
Mr Khan said:
Mr Khan said:
Their software has become irrelevant for the most part and the quality dwindled as well with it.

You're going to need to quantify that, or be moderated for a hit-and-run statement.

Tell me, if their software is truly valuable as people speak of them to be then why is nobody buying their titles ? 

You have to define all of these terms. It's also the "quality" part that concerns me.

If we define quality as sales then everything becomes simple. We can infer quality from sales and vice versa. I can say that that quality and sales are one in the same because people go out of there way to give something of value in exchange for a product. The market is always looking for quality in a product and quality is once again defined by the market. 

So basically Wii Fit > tlou and bioshock infinite?

Easy as that.

Innovation is not the problem.

Not living up to people's expectation is the problem.

And being too afraid of expanding the IP stable.

I LOVE ICELAND!

DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:
Mr Khan said:
Their software has become irrelevant for the most part and the quality dwindled as well with it.

You're going to need to quantify that, or be moderated for a hit-and-run statement.

Tell me, if their software is truly valuable as people speak of them to be then why is nobody buying their titles ? 

You have to define all of these terms. It's also the "quality" part that concerns me.

If we define quality as sales then everything becomes simple. We can infer quality from sales and vice versa. I can say that that quality and sales are one in the same because people go out of there way to give something of value in exchange for a product. The market is always looking for quality in a product and quality is once again defined by the market. 

Easy as that.

So the Wii might be the best console ever since it has the best selling games of all times? Well, that one and the DS. Both consoles have more games that sold more than 20m than the PS2, so in a sense Wii/DS> PS2. Yeah, try telling that to people ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I agree with the OP, although I can see Nintendo Land as a valid new IP. In fact, I think that game is one of the greatest Nintendo creations ever. Too bad it's on a non-selling system.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

So the Wii might be the best console ever since it has the best selling games of all times? Well, that one and the DS. Both consoles have more games that sold more than 20m than the PS2, so in a sense Wii/DS> PS2. Yeah, try telling that to people ;)

Not that I agree with the sales criteria to assess quality but why are you focusing on some titles when you could just compare software totals of both consoles?

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

DanneSandin said:
DanneSandin said:
Mr Khan said:
Mr Khan said:

Easy as that.

I'm pretty sure that the quality of the console is determined by it's sales just as how the quality of the game is determined by it's own sales. Nice try though. 

lol, at fatslob and his "what's popular is always the highest quality" schtick.

Wii Fit isn't even one of the 50 best Nintendo games ever.

The general public are dumb as sh*t half the time they don't know what they want. 

Soundwave said:

The general public are dumb as sh*t half the time they don't know what they want. 

@Bold Well that made me lose some brain cells. 

Soundwave said:

@Bold Well that made me lose some brain cells. 

Going by your theory then, Angry Birds is the highest quality game ever made, and based on volume of sales, the cell phone market is creating the highest quality content. Right? *crickets*