By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo's software can no longer carry their home consoles...

DanneSandin said:
osed125 said:
DanneSandin said:
If this were true, then Fifa, Madden, NHL, Halo and God of War and Grand Turismo wouldn't sell consoles either. But clearly, they do.

Totally different because....because...I can't think of anything.

Well, if you think really, really hard you can come up with SOMETHING? Let's put BOTH our heads to good use and try to solve this conundrum!

Easy.

Those games still do the jobs consumers ask of them (be a football game, be a multiplayer shooter, be a realistic racer)

Newer Nintendo games don't do the jobs people want from them any more.

Around the Network
Podings said:
sales2099 said:
I see this as a Gamecube gen waiting to happen....when even Mario Kart Double Dash couldn't save it.

Couldn't save it from what, exactly?

The system made a profit on the whole, the many Mario titles being a large part of that.

It made a profit, but could have had so much more. It sold the least of all gen 6 consoles you know......don't act like my comment was baseless. You know.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Soleron said:
DanneSandin said:
osed125 said:
DanneSandin said:
If this were true, then Fifa, Madden, NHL, Halo and God of War and Grand Turismo wouldn't sell consoles either. But clearly, they do.

Totally different because....because...I can't think of anything.

Well, if you think really, really hard you can come up with SOMETHING? Let's put BOTH our heads to good use and try to solve this conundrum!

Easy.

Those games still do the jobs consumers ask of them (be a football game, be a multiplayer shooter, be a realistic racer)

Newer Nintendo games don't do the jobs people want from them any more.

Do you understand the context here? According to the captain Nintendo games dont innovate or dont have (enough) new and fresh ideas any mpre, and thats why they dont sell any more. If that was true most sports games wouldnt push console sales,  but they do.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

Do you understand the context here? According to the captain Nintendo games dont innovate or dont have (enough) new and fresh ideas any mpre, and thats why they dont sell any more. If that was true most sports games wouldnt push console sales,  but they do.

Yes. I disagree with him then, I don't think it's new ideas that sell games.

fatslob-:O said:
Their software has become irrelevant for the most part and the quality dwindled as well with it.

You're going to need to quantify that, or be moderated for a hit-and-run statement.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

No one developer can sell a console on their own.

If MS or Sony were forced to sell their consoles with the same level of third party support, they would sell even less.

Soleron said:
DanneSandin said:

oh ok then =)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Soundwave said:
No one developer can sell a console on their own.

If MS or Sony were forced to sell their consoles with the same level of third party support, they would sell even less.

Really? Dont you think Nintendo would sell a HW on their own and make a stable bussiness out of it?

they may have to lower their games visual fidelity to adjust to a lower budget , and accelerate the creative and production precesses. but i honestly think Nintendo by themselves could sell a WIi level performance system like forever!

of course at expenses of nearly zero growth and a lower install base than Wii. maybe 30--40m?

if anyone can thats Nintendo for sure

Soleron said:
DanneSandin said:

Exactly. And that's why Mario Kart 7 is at 8.6 million as it passes its second birthday, Mario Kart Wii is at 34 million, and New Super Mario Bros Wii is at 27 million. All tried and tested formulae.

Luigi's Mansion was a new idea in 2001, and sold 3 million in its lifetime. (Super Mario Sunshine was launched in 2002 and did 6 million). A decade on, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is set to break 3 million within its first year. (2.93 as of this week, according to vgchartz).

This could be in part because it is on the 3DS - I'll guess we'll never know if a Wii U release would have done more for the home console... nevertheless, it does  suggest that part of the risk with launching new IPs is the amount of time it will take time to catch on.

toastboy44562 said:

People don't have 1,600+ to shell out on a pc. and they don't know how to build their own. and they don't want to mess with hooking their computer up with their tv. and they don't want to buy 360 remotes for their pc when it comes with an xbox for 99 dollars. plus they want to use xbox live to play with their friends and they want party chat. they also want to compare achievements with friends. 

Totally agree with this. 

I myself am in this situation. I don't want to spend time and money in building my own computer, but I prefer to buy a gaming console and play on that with easy access to online features.