By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1 (700k EU)

Really, really impressive launch of PS4. Congrats to Sony and its fans :). I am hoping we don´t see alot of shortages now, because both MS and Sony need to keep momentum so the decline isn´t to big.

Around the Network

Very nice numbers!! Although 700k in Europe seems low but that is most likely do to stock. PS4 doing 300k in US for BF is suprising to me though since the Best Buy I work at never got any and we are a pretty big store. PS4 demand is still through the roof so as long as Sony can make them they can sell them.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Wait, 700K in EU? I figured it would be bigger than in NA, I guess NA is Sony Land now!

BlowoverKing said:

Very nice numbers!! Although 700k in Europe seems low but that is most likely do to stock. PS4 doing 300k in US for BF is suprising to me though since the Best Buy I work at never got any and we are a pretty big store. PS4 demand is still through the roof so as long as Sony can make them they can sell them.

you forgot about the latin american launch which is probably 300k sold

Wow!! Does anyone have PS2 numbers to compare to?

Around the Network

Considering the reports we got from infoscout, can we assume PS4 sold around 300k on BF, while X1 made around 500k-600k? This, along with EU sales could put them both quite close to each other WW, however Sony seems to have shortages so they probably have the potential to sell quite a few more units if there were some.

Glad to see the strong numbers.

Got my PS4 on Friday and am loving the controller to bits. Not only does it fell great in every way but it has a headphone jack for late night gaming.

Also Resogun rocks

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

That's really impressive, I guess they'll reach their 5 million target sooner than later. I wonder how many units will sell when it'll release in my region (Middle-East on the 13th.)

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

007BondAgent said:
Michael-5 said:
zhao3gold said:
It is better to wait for the official press release in written to clarify if it is shipment figure or sell through figure. Whatever it is, it is quite impressive. Congratulations to Sony and PS4.

MS, as your fan, please learn from your own lesson and learn from your competitor. It is nearly hopeless to catch up PS4, but please make good games for us Xbox fans, so we will not feel more disappointed.

I think it's sell through data, but the wording of the statement confuses me. Andrew says the PS4 debuted to 1 million units in NA, what about week 2 and week 3 sales? Why is the 2.1 total he gave only reference debut sales, but then he states it the total sales up to Dec 1st?

I think the statement is off, PS4 debuted to 1 million in NA and 1.1 million in EU. Since the USA debut, I think PS4 has sold about 400k units, meaning PS4 is actually at 2.5 million, not 2.1. That's my hypothesis.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../131203b_e.pdf

"Tokyo, December 3, 2013 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that cumulative sell through for the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system worldwide has surpassed 2.1 million units*1 as of December 1, 2013. The number includes the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29. The PS4 system became available on November 15 in the United States and Canada and on November 29 in Europe, Australasia and Latin America and is now available in 32 countries globally.

This confirms EU only accounted for 700k, so north america "including latin america" has to be 1.4m+

Thanks, I didn't read your article, read mine. Both quoted Andrew, obviously your article is better.

So 700k for Europe? PS4 debuted to twice as many sales as XBO. However if VGC's other article about XBO outselling PS4 2:1 over Black Friday in VGC is correct then......

we have ourselves some more

With Sony dominating Europe, and MS rocking the USA.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Awesome Japenese drums at the end.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5