By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All 3 Consoles Are Out! The Race Begins Which Will Reach 10M FIRST!

Which One Will Reach 10M Sold WW First

WiiU 149 23.28%

XB1 34 5.31%

PS4 456 71.25%

Total:639

It's gonna be tough to call between Wii U and PS4, but due to stock issues which will likely materialise I'm going to tip the 'Wii U for this one.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

PS4 by summer 2014, i won't guess when for the competition

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

POE said:
Wii U. Given that i believe the it will reach 7/7.5 million by the end of the year, 10 million is not that far away

So you expect it to sell 3.5 million in the remaining 4 weeks of the year?

WiiU

I'm thinking the PS4 at this point. Even if it only manages to copy the worst year the PS3 ever did, that would net between 7.5 and 8 million sales for next year.
With Japan launch in February and the pent up demand still lingering, the 5 million within the fiscal year is a given at this point, that leaves another 5 million for the last 9 months of the year, shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
The One is more difficult to predict, we know it's going to be irrelevant in Japan and that it is smaller in Europe but still pretty big in the UK, which is Europe's biggest market by far.
It will be king in North America, I just can't see anything else ruling over there.

As for the Wii U; I think everyone knows what I think is going to happen. It will have to really fight to cross 10 million in 2014, if it does manage it, it won't be until very late in the year, perhaps in December but I won't be surprised if it doesn't pass the 10 million mark by year's end. Why so many are predicting 80-100% or even a lot more gains yoy due to Smash and Kart, DK and Zelda is beyond me. Games like Bayonetta 2 won't really do much at all, certainly not more than Pikmin 3 or W101. It still has to fight four consoles through 2014, to a greater extent than the others, with it being placed sort of inbetween two generations both in actual hardware and in public perception. Marketing it almost solely towards an audience that no longer cares about home consoles also seems like a poor plan from where I'm sitting, NA numbers for the holidays and 2014 will be very telling.
Besides; what do we know of the finalized line-up for the other two? They might just have an ace or two up their sleeve. Then again, so could Nintendo I suppose.

I still stand by it though; the PS4 will reach 10 million first, however, I think it will improve only slightly upon that in years to come and still won't sell shitloads lifetime, neither will anyone else.

Around the Network

Sony can produce more consoles then nin can sale.

So Ps4, Xbone will also pass 10 before wiiu.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I cannot believe the Wii U has 81 votes and the Xbox One only has 19 votes. LOL Some people are in for a rude awakening.

Totally agree.

PS4 or Xbox One. Depending on which company is able to ship that 10 million first.

My heart wants Wii U but my mind says: you're fucking deluded heart.

Anyways I'll go PS4, it has the dominance in EU and Japan over 360, and unless Wii U manages a miraculous turnaround, there's no chance for it.

This must be one of those trick questions so let me think...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz