By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All 3 Consoles Are Out! The Race Begins Which Will Reach 10M FIRST!

Which One Will Reach 10M Sold WW First

WiiU 149 23.28%

XB1 34 5.31%

PS4 456 71.25%

Total:639

I think that it will be the PS4 this time around. It will come down to the price point I think. Plus you have to consider the whole world when deciding this.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
kupomogli said:
There shouldn't even have been an option for the Wii U. There's a chance the Xbox One would get to 10 million first, a 1% chance but a chance nonetheless. The Wii U? 0%.

Oh come on now!

He's right.

Except he's not, as there is always a chance.

I'll stick with the Wii U but think PS4 will get it before XBONE

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Einsam_Delphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He's right.

Theres always a chance, but with the method Nintendo has they are going in the same direction as the GC or N64 if not worse. Those consoles never made it beyond thirty thousand in sales.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He's right.

Theres always a chance,

Aha, so you agree that kupomogli is wrong afterall!

Around the Network

I think WiiU will reach it first.

I personally think the WiiU will reach 5.5 to 6 million by the end of the year. PS4 and Xbox One should be just above the 3 million each because of supply constraint. Both PS4 and Xbone will have to sell around 7 million before they can reach the 10 million milestone. The WiiU on the other needing only 4 million to reach the milestone.

The WiiU is actually going to benefit from having the PS4 and Xbox One out on the market because it's now the cheaper alternative compared to most of 2013 it was the most expensive console on the market.

Many retailers were selling WiiU at $250 during black Friday, I think a further price cut for the WiiU is coming most likely after the holiday season. A price cut combine with a Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash bros U release in first half of 2014, Nintendo WiiU could reach the 10 million consoles sold in the early second half of 2014.

The race to 10 million might actually be pretty interesting.

PS4 will easily get there first...and probably a few months before either the X1 and many months before the Wii U

yvanjean said:

I personally think the WiiU will reach 5.5 to 6 million by the end of the year. PS4 and Xbox One should be just above the 3 million each because of supply constraint. Both PS4 and Xbone will have to sell around 7 million before they can reach the 10 million milestone. The WiiU on the other needing only 4 million to reach the milestone.

The WiiU is actually going to benefit from having the PS4 and Xbox One out on the market because it's now the cheaper alternative compared to most of 2013 it was the most expensive console on the market.

Many retailers were selling WiiU at $250 during black Friday, I think a further price cut for the WiiU is coming most likely after the holiday season. A price cut combine with a Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash bros U release in first half of 2014, Nintendo WiiU could reach the 10 million consoles sold in the early second half of 2014.

THey are selling quicker than the Wii U. They will both pass Wii U by summer the way they are going.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
kupomogli said:
There shouldn't even have been an option for the Wii U. There's a chance the Xbox One would get to 10 million first, a 1% chance but a chance nonetheless. The Wii U? 0%.

Oh come on now!

He's right. The hot third party titles are coming out in 2014 and Nintendo barely has any of them if any at all outside of Watchdogs. That an Titanfall, Halo 5, Infamous, The Order and Uncharted are all dropping in the same year. Its going to be a huge year for those two consoles and they haven't even unleashed most of their hot exclusives for 2014 yet. Its going to be domination.

The top titles next year are not going to even touch Nintendo:

Dark Souls 2

Destiny

Witcher 3

Final Fantasy Versus

Thief

Elder Scrolls Online

None of these are slated for Nintendo. The biggest third party title coming to Nintendo this year is Watchdogs.  Third parties are a large part of the overall picture.

Are you serious?!? or just being sarcastic?!? or probably just severely miss informed!!!

Third party games drives the Sony and Microsoft consoles while Nintendo rely solely on their first party titles to drive hardware sales.

Third party games are but a minor blip on the Nintendo hardware sales.

Beside the first half of 2014 is all about Titanfall vs. Infamous vs Mario Kart 8/Super Smash Bros U. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
yvanjean said:

THey are selling quicker than the Wii U. They will both pass Wii U by summer the way they are going.

Do you believe they're gonna continue to have launch-like sales a.k.a. sell as much as they make even after the launch period is over? If I've heard right, only the Wii has ever been able to do this. I just can't see why or how the PS4/XB1 would sell like that.