By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All 3 Consoles Are Out! The Race Begins Which Will Reach 10M FIRST!

Which One Will Reach 10M Sold WW First

WiiU 149 23.28%

XB1 34 5.31%

PS4 456 71.25%

Total:639

Ive been reading alot of posts lately on here and over the net about PS4 creating 28 days like zombie like behavior over in EU, continued resolution differences between XB1 and PS4, and SM3DWorld flopping in JP.  what i havent been reading or seeing on the net is that now finally all 3 next gen consoles have released and the sales war has begun.  By next year all three will finally be released and available WW shortages should be resolved and the race will be in full swing, i believe that at least one if not all 3 will be able to break the infamous 10m barrier sold WW in 2014 but the question is which one first?

Post your beliefs on which one will be the first and if you want second and finally last to sell 10M along with your beliefs on to why said console will be able to achieve the 10M mark first.

I'll go first

i believe the PS4 will get there first i believe by years end we'll be looking at more than 3M sold leaving 7M left with heavy hitting games like driveclub, infamous, destiny, mgs gs, watch dogs, evil with in, order1886, next uncharted, and octodad deadlies catch along with supply issues being dealt with.  the PS4 will have full sales support coming from all sides NA, EU and JP unlike the other two consoles involved that are typically only strong in one region or... none at all.  the fact that the PS4 is a next gen console that costs below $400 and will have those games releasing next year and all of the 3rd partys made this decision a easy one for me to make.

i believe the runner up will be the XB1 followed last by the WiiU, i also feel that the XB1 will be near the 3M mark end of the year and should hit 10M by 2014s end.  the wiiu i believe will only be at 5M range by this yrs end which is only about 2M above the other two but had more than a year to achieve that 5M so in all likely hood it may not even reach 10M sold WW next year

TIPS

360 reached 10m sold 5/26/07 released 11/22/05

Wii reached 10m sold7/28/07 released 11/19/06

PS3 reached 10m sold 2/2/08 released 11/11/06

WiiU 2013 sales 1.8M released 11/18/12

PS4 2013 sales 1.2M released 11/15/13

XB1 2013 sales 1.2M released 11/22/13

Play Me

Around the Network

I have to stand by my bet so I will say Wii U!

Not the Wii U. Shooter Box 4 is likely to hit 10m first. Shooter box One will likely hit it second.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

PS4 will be first.

Before holiday 2014.

PS4.

Around the Network

All signs point towards it being PS4.

Wii U has a chance depending on the boosts it will recieve throughout 2014 from Kart and Smash, though I wouldnt be in a rush to bet on it.

Weedlab said:
Not the Wii U. Shooter Box 4 is likely to hit 10m first. Shooter box One will likely hit it second.

ohh you

and i agree with weedlab, Shooter Station 4 will reach it first.

and dude, that avatar is greatly offensive to me. 

XB1, by supplying the richer countries with adequate supply for sell through.

oh, and a shitload of advertising!

It is near the end of the end....

ps4

Dont discount the wii u. It still stands a chance to reach it before Dec. 31St