By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All 3 Consoles Are Out! The Race Begins Which Will Reach 10M FIRST!

Which One Will Reach 10M Sold WW First

WiiU 149 23.28%

XB1 34 5.31%

PS4 456 71.25%

Total:639
Einsam_Delphin said:
JoeTheBro said:
Probably/hopefully Wii U. It really should be reaching 10 million early next year.

The Wii U will only be at 5 million at the start of 2014, so it selling another 5 million in a few short months just isn't possible. I don't think it'll happen until the second half of the year. like after SSB4 comes out at the earliest.

Both Mario Kart and Donkey Kong are coming out. I man can dream.

Around the Network
wangjingwanjia said:
No doubt in my mind that it will be the PS4. :)

I love your sig..

if sony can keep up with demand there a shoe in. if not then then wii u because of christmas which is were the wii blew up.....

Landguy said:
XB1, by supplying the richer countries with adequate supply for sell through.

oh, and a shitload of advertising!

Advertising is not going to help much and sony has been advertising a lot and very well. Didn;t help 360 despite having a price,, 1 year head start advantage,, better multiplats and sony doing everything wrong, and a tonne of big third party exclusives like Mass effect, Oblision, Bioshock in the first 1-2 years. They have non of that going for them now.

By the time PS4 launches in Japan ps4 will be close to 2 million ahead already...and x1 is still 100 more and will be outsold weekly by ps4...MS is not going to outsell sony when sony has europe and japan on lockdown, heck PS4 has a good chance at the US.

Weedlab said:
Not the Wii U. Shooter Box 4 is likely to hit 10m first. Shooter box One will likely hit it second.

You mean FPS4? Eh? Ehhh? ;)

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
toastboy44562 said:
PS4. Xbox One will hit it soon after. Wii U might not hit it for another couple years.

So you truely believe Wii U can't do 5 million next year, despite everything it has going for it?

EDIT: *Reads your next few post*
Oh, nevermind!

i mean, i know there are a few weeks left to count, but so far wiiU has only sold 1.8M.   5M next year is no guarentee.  vita, which wiiU is tracking worst against, isn't going to do 5M this year..

Why are you bringing up this years numbers? They'd only be relevant to determining next years numbers if the exact same things were to happen, but this wont be the case. There's no way the Wii U will have another huge drought, and it will be receiving more and bigger games. It's also at a cheaper price for the entire year and will have more and better bundles.

MDMAlliance said:
kitler53 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
toastboy44562 said:
PS4. Xbox One will hit it soon after. Wii U might not hit it for another couple years.

So you truely believe Wii U can't do 5 million next year, despite everything it has going for it?

EDIT: *Reads your next few post*
Oh, nevermind!

i mean, i know there are a few weeks left to count, but so far wiiU has only sold 1.8M.   5M next year is no guarentee.  vita, which wiiU is tracking worst against, isn't going to do 5M this year..

If games don't get delayed for Wii U next year and Wii U gets X, Smash Bros, MK 8, and Bayonetta 2 I think that it pretty much is guaranteed to at least do 5m next year.  Of course, this is going on the assumption that the Wii U will get all of these titles next year.

X and bayonetta won't be system sellers.  Smash and MK could push a few but with such a low baseline still there is no guarentee it will push 5M.  it's getting rediculous to me that so many think vita is a <20M future and wiiU is a >30M future when month after month wiiU tracks below vita when aligned for launches. 

dsage01 said:
wangjingwanjia said:
No doubt in my mind that it will be the PS4. :)

I love your sig..

Thanks, the game is very popular here. Based on Chinese history. :)

Hard to say. If the Wii U ends the holiday with 5m+ and early 2014 software enables it to maintain a healthy baseline it could get there first. Otherwise, probably PS4.

kitler53 said:

MDMAlliance said:

If games don't get delayed for Wii U next year and Wii U gets X, Smash Bros, MK 8, and Bayonetta 2 I think that it pretty much is guaranteed to at least do 5m next year.  Of course, this is going on the assumption that the Wii U will get all of these titles next year.

X and bayonetta won't be system sellers.  Smash and MK could push a few but with such a low baseline still there is no guarentee it will push 5M.  it's getting rediculous to me that so many think vita is a <20M future and wiiU is a >30M future when month after month wiiU tracks below vita when aligned for launches. 

You can try to deny what I said all you want, but the truth is that the likelihood that the Wii U will sell less than 5m units in 2014 with those games is just as likely as the PS4 and XBO sales dropping to Wii U levels for the remainder of this year.