By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Super Mario 3D World Really A Huge Flop?

Tagged games:

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

It doesn't need to sell 160k, more like 100k retail. We didn't get NoA numbers yet (only US)+ Rest of the World + there is digital sales evenif its ony 15k-20k

We did get NA numbers, though. It was 240k. That means, in order to get 500k WW, EU needs to have 160k FW. Right?

US =/= NoA So no and your forgeting the rest of the world and digital sales

Around the Network

It didn't flop, it just failed to really push the WiiU sales as far as everyone had hoped.

Did the game flop? Nah.
But was it released on a flop? Yah.
Do I still feel like waiting before buying a Wii U? Uh-huh.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

tbone51 said:

Why are you waiting for NoA numbers? That's ridiculous. VGC isn't crazy far off. Also, I'm only counting what is being shown in VGC. We don't really know how much games actually sell digitally. 

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

Why are you waiting for NoA numbers? That's ridiculous. VGC isn't crazy far off. Also, I'm only counting what is being shown in VGC. We don't really know how much games actually sell digitally. 

Thats ridiculous? So you exclude Mexico+Canada? Why? Look at sales NoA is always higher than US cuz NoA contains US numbers+ 2 other countries. Ex US just sold 10mil 3DS last Week while NoA total is around 11.3mil. Yes you count everybody, you said WW sales. 

2nd Rest of World numbers might be very small but they still add to overall sales

3rd Yes i know we dont have digital sales up just saying it can be anywhere between 10k-30k WW first week.

So you say 500k FW? It needs less than 160k from Europe, thats all im saying. Wait intill we have all the numbers in for NoA. Cuz if for example you say LoZ fw NoA is 294k then its wrong (thats US #s only) cuz its definitely over 300k 

Around the Network

Game sales will prob do well- the part that flopped in the US was it did not move many consoles- in US and Japan - Tis was supposed to be the system seller and we did not get much of a bump considering that holiday sales season is well underway

Dunban67 said:
Game sales will prob do well- the part that flopped in the US was it did not move many consoles- in US and Japan - Tis was supposed to be the system seller and we did not get much of a bump considering that holiday sales season is well underway

The big holiday rush doesnt start until Black Friday in USA and Japans holiday boost usually comes a bit later than in the west. Im pretty sure Nintendo wasnt banking on Mario giving it a ginormous one week boost but rather a combo of Mario+holidays would give it a sustained boost for the rest of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Super Mario 3D world should've never launched anywhere near the PS4 and Xbone launch. Just saying. It hurt them big time.

It's not bombing. Christ, these days if a game doesn't sell like GTA or Call of Duty, people assume the game bombed, even though no Mario game has launch sales like that. Basically, it sold 345k worldwide in two days in just two territories and before America's Black Friday. That's actually pretty damn good, especially for a console with a low install base. I predict that by the end of November, Super Mario 3D World will be part the 800k mark and by the end of December, it would have sold between 1.5 and 2 million copies. I'm also predicting that by the end of the fiscal year in March, it'll probably sell past the 3 million mark.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

farlaff said:
I'll bet many of the sales will be digital. I am considering going digital myself on this one.

Me too.