By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Super Mario 3D World Really A Huge Flop?

Tagged games:

tbone51 said:

Is MK7 a huge flop (sold way less than DS)? all im saying is considering Userbase its sold good in the US, an attach ratio of over 15% (almost 20%) First 2 days is great!

I think doing a comparison to the others is fair to an extent. look at SM3DL a 3DS title sold about 340k FW. comparing both SM3DL+SM3DW  i say SM3DW is more impressive so how is that a flop?

Your turn old friend >_<

Well I think the sales are a disappointment when compared with others 3D Mario but they are not bad compared with any other game. I think the sales are good... even more if you reflect about the small user base in US for Wii U.

So it have good sales [but bad for a 3D Mario].

PS. It is like to say a GT game sold 200k because it was launched in a userbase of 1m... even so it will be terrible for a GT game.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

Is MK7 a huge flop (sold way less than DS)? all im saying is considering Userbase its sold good in the US, an attach ratio of over 15% (almost 20%) First 2 days is great!

I think doing a comparison to the others is fair to an extent. look at SM3DL a 3DS title sold about 340k FW. comparing both SM3DL+SM3DW  i say SM3DW is more impressive so how is that a flop?

Your turn old friend >_<

Well I think the sales are a disappointment when compared with others 3D Mario but they are not bad compared with any other game. I think the sales are good... even more if you reflect about the small user base in US for Wii U.

So it have good sales [but bad for a 3D Mario].

PS. It is like to say a GT game sold 200k because it was launched in a userbase of 1m... even so it will be terrible for a GT game.

Well GT has Great Legs (one of the rare on Sony Platforms), but still. Its not a flop, just not up in the high tier. Pokemon BW had the highest FW in pokemon, Shit highest First Year but in the end it was last out of the main 5 new gen games! All im saying is Time

tbone51 said:

All im saying is Time

Nah... all you need to say is "C'mon WiiU's owners... buy this fucking game because it is AWESOME!!!".

And I will say... YEAH!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!

It deservers better sales... maybe you are right... time is the key.

Edit - Some times I wish to get a Wii U.

We can`t be sure if it`s a flop or not, compared with 3D Land it did great, 3D land had a full week of sales while 3D world had 2 days and the differrnce between both is 60k, let`s wait for the next couple of weeks to know if it`ll have good legs, i`m wondering if its doing well in Europe.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Mario 3D Land did about 780k FW in USA+Europe+Japan.

As long as 3D World does 50k or better FW in Europe then it will be at least 1/2 of 3D Land FW and considering the fact that 3D Land is on track to be the best selling 3D Mario, id say 3D World is doing alright granted it has good legs.

Personally I think its lifetime sales will be somewhere above Sunshine/Galaxy 2 but below Galaxy/Mario 64 so 8.5m or so.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

It doesn't need to sell 160k, more like 100k retail. We didn't get NoA numbers yet (only US)+ Rest of the World + there is digital sales evenif its ony 15k-20k

We did get NA numbers, though. It was 240k. That means, in order to get 500k WW, EU needs to have 160k FW. Right?

Oh it was just the usual bunch of jumpstarters screaming for blood so they eat crow later. Nothing new. Its quite the boring and repetitive story by now.
The game combined with all areas would have penetrated above 10% of the base just on the first week. Mario games have legs so it will sell much more.

But hey... blood and doom and all those things.

The game isn't a flop
But it is a failure as it is not shooting up hardware numbers but then again this is 3D mario. They never really do that job well enough. So I guess we(Actually you guys) just had high expectations for it.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Good sales, but less than what a 3D mario should do.

The real problem is the lack of true effect on system, mario is meant to be a huge system seller.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

It sold 200,000. The game probably could have sold 100,000 and still probably turned a profit. Nintendo games are almost never big budget titles.