By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Super Mario 3D World Really A Huge Flop?

Tagged games:

I don't know how much people were expecting, but it seems all right, not great and not terrible.

Around the Network

Considering the install base... I think its looking quite good

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I bought it online, so as two friends of mine. I think this game will have good legs.

no its not a flop. 243k sold in the US in just a couple days and even if Japan only sold about 100k, its just the first week. I'm sure it will sell at least a million by Christmas and maybe 2 million.

Compared with others games, no... it is not a flop.

Compared with others Mario 3D, yes... it is a flop for now.

Around the Network

I think this will be THE Christmas game for many Wii U owners, so I suspect there are more than a few people holding off for a few more weeks.

I could head to the shops today and pick it up (I'm tempted) but it's an easy gift for a family member to get me and it means I'll be playing Super Mario 3D World on Christmas morning, exactly 20 years after I did the same with Super Mario World on the SNES.

depend how much is YOUR expectation here.....

remember.. mario is usually a leg game.... and it does not need to sell 10 millions to break-even....

and nintendo get most of the profit, so the return of money in each game sold is much more than for example rockstar's game.

so no it wont be a flop in terms of profit, but mario games have too much expectations.... it will have money but it wont be the best selling games of all time.

Let's not forget the "enormous flops" Mario Tennis Open and Mario and Luigi: Dream Team turned out to be...
I remember a few users on a few game forums I haunt dismissing New Super Mario Bros. 2 as an enormous flop after its first week as well...
The consensus seems to be that if a game with Mario in the title isn't a million seller after one week then it's a flop...

Have a nice day...

ethomaz said:
Compared with others games, no... it is not a flop.

Compared with others Mario 3D, yes... it is a flop for now.

Is MK7 a huge flop (sold way less than DS)? all im saying is considering Userbase its sold good in the US, an attach ratio of over 15% (almost 20%) First 2 days is great!

I think doing a comparison to the others is fair to an extent. look at SM3DL a 3DS title sold about 340k FW. comparing both SM3DL+SM3DW  i say SM3DW is more impressive so how is that a flop?

Your turn old friend >_<

Who know's are retails more important or is digital just as important as retail since they both have the same price.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke