By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Super Mario 3D World Really A Huge Flop?

Tagged games:

I was going to buy it but that golden 3DS XL took that month money. In December, SM3DW is gonna be mine

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network

I was going to buy it but that golden 3DS XL took that month money. In December, SM3DW is gonna be mine

Far from a flop. It`s the Wii U HW numbers that stopped this game from doing better.
Personally, i think EU numbers will be around 100k, give or take.

People compare 3D World with the other 3D-Marios, but they forget that the installbase was MUCH higher on the Wii and on the 3DS there were 2,5 million more systems.

So in this case, I think 3D World did very well in NA, in Japan "okay". But I think it will do better in Europe than Japan.

Around the Network

Only certain people would/will call it a flop.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

3D Marios opening numbers are only a flop when compared to 2D Marios opening numbers.

Barozi said:
As any game in the US nowadays, it's probably overtracked by a decent margin.

So what do you think the number is most likely? Around 200k?

It'll do good considering the size of the Wii U userbase..but in raw numbers it'll look like a flop

The sales itself aren't bad at all, especially in NA. The reason it flopped is because this was THE Wii U game to get. The system seller that the Wii U was supposed to have a long time ago. 3D world was supposed to be the savior.

In those standards, it flopped. Hard. Wii U doomedz confirmed ;)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros