By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are there no FPS's on the 3DS?

ganoncrotch said:
brendude13 said:
No market and no second analogue stick.

how do you think people played doom on the Snes? surely they just all sat around waiting for the dream cast to launch before releasing the first console FPS ever?

They wouldn't have to wait around if there were other platforms where the game would be both viable and successful.

Around the Network

Don't worry man, its coming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTB4ECm2zDo
How do i embed videos in this forum?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:
Don't worry man, its coming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTB4ECm2zDo
How do i embed videos in this forum?

Dude sweet!

Click the video icon in rich text reply.

brendude13 said:
ganoncrotch said:
brendude13 said:
No market and no second analogue stick.

how do you think people played doom on the Snes? surely they just all sat around waiting for the dream cast to launch before releasing the first console FPS ever?

They wouldn't have to wait around if there were other platforms where the game would be both viable and successful.

what other mobile platform is there with twin sticks then which has the same install base as the 3ds?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

yet there are fps games on ios and android market :P hey iphone 5 have two analog! :P

Around the Network

If you want something to play in the mean time there's Dementium: The Ward, Moon, and Dementium 2. Their all really good FPS on the DS made by Renegade Kid, who's making Cult County and made Mutant Mudds. No one bought them though, which is disappointing because the were pretty good games.

Money and 3rd parties. Lets be real its not like there were a slew of DS FPSs in the first place. and alot of them sold bad, Activision was the major producer of them and looking at the sales of the last few CODs on the DS i dont blame them for not wanting to put any on 3ds. Oh sure you can pull the different audience card, but try telling them that when its their time and money on the line

Keep that devil away!!

ArtofAngels said:
Nem said:

Erm... im gonna go on a tangent here... but maaaybe its cause theres no second analog stick.

Theres the CPP but only a small part of the userbase has it.

What the above poster said makes sense aswell. Western developers dont care about portable consoles anymore.

That's hardly a reason when you consider DS had FPS's and NO analog sticks, did you not read my post?

Yeah but they are not very good. When you dont have the controls for it, the publishers are reluctant to risk investing on the platform.

cause it´s a stupid genre