By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

What's the lead platform for this?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

Stop fooling yourself. I have the real comparisons right here.

PS4

Xbox One

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

tag

ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:

People should actually look through the video and not just trust what a random picture shows you. When looking at the game in motion, the difference is minimal at best, if any. Why would theu otherwise not show the entire image from IGN, where it is a constant spliscreen between the two version?

I shoed the entrie image... just the PS4 version is spawing at that time.

I know and that is why it´s "strange" that that pic was chosen (not by you though) from the X1 and another pic from PS4. It is more interesting when looking at later pic, side-by-side, where both versions are played out in the open and you can compare them. What would possibly be the reason to not show equal situations between the versions in MP? Probably because they both are way downgraded than the SP and the person uploading the pic had to look through to find a pic that looked at its best on PS4 :).

Subie_Greg said:
Puppyroach said:

People should actually look through the video and not just trust what a random picture shows you. When looking at the game in motion, the difference is minimal at best, if any. Why would theu otherwise not show the entire image from IGN, where it is a constant spliscreen between the two version?

This guy is right. Watch the video

SP looks somewhat close.

MP... PS4 looks flat out better

No, MP actually looks kind of crappy compared to SP on both versions, but still equal between the both. That we are actually discussing what version has the best graphics of two games that seem like rushed-out ports amazes me. A better statement would be that they both look comparably crappy :).

EDIT: But I must add that the games look really fun to play so I hope all you people on both X1 and PS4 will get alot of enjoyment out of them, whichever version you choose.

Around the Network

Puppyroach said:

I know and that is why it´s "strange" that that pic was chosen (not by you though) from the X1 and another pic from PS4. It is more interesting when looking at later pic, side-by-side, where both versions are played out in the open and you can compare them. What would possibly be the reason to not show equal situations between the versions in MP? Probably because they both are way downgraded than the SP and the person uploading the pic had to look through to find a pic that looked at its best on PS4 :).

I was trying to do that... take a picture in two different moments to try to match the same scenario but they didn't even played the samd "path" in the game... the best part was the street with trees but I was always getting bluried pictures from both... the IGN player have a bad pause feature.

The 2 pics of the singleplayer from Eurogamer look better on X1 honestly.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
The 2 pics of the singleplayer from Eurogamer look better on X1 honestly.

Exactly what I'd expect to hear from an Xbox One fanyboy.

*reports*

PS4:

XBOX ONE:

Xbox one looks totally inferior tbh.. look how freaking blurry that is.

9087 said:

Notice the Xbox One version is missing the clouds in the background, and the left sleeve is missing an entire texture. If you right-click and copy-paste the URL into your browser to view the full size image of this, you will also notice drastic anti-aliasing problems with the Xbox One picture. 

If you look very carefully, you can see that there are no missing clouds on the X1 version, they just have a different lighting and they look almost the same colors as the ones in the background instead of dark as in the PS4 version, the complexity of the texture on the sleeve is also prety similar but the colors on the X1 version are closer therefore the texture appears to be much more simple than it really is. However I do agree that the contrast and lighting in the PS4 version looks more realistic and the image looks smooth overall while the X1 version has more jaggies on it.

Anyway I decided to go for PS4 before they announced, I would buy it even if it had been the console with inferior specs because of the legacy behind the PS consoles as a platform for games, Sony have also done a good job at fixing their past mistakes. So it is brand loyalty, not from me to them but from Sony to me, the consumer.

You guys may troll now.