By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Ponyless said:

PS4:

XBOX ONE:

Xbox one looks totally inferior tbh.. look how freaking blurry that is.

Gah! It's horrifying!!

Around the Network

I think the Xbox One version of all the pictures posted looks better. The PS4 does have better draw distance so the clouds look better, but there are a lot of shadows missing on the PS4 version and the very bad AA being used makes the PS4 version very blurry. I'd rather have it clear with jaggies than blurry because of poorly implemented AA.  It might be running in higher resolution on the PS4, but it looks like the PS4 version is gimped.

osed125 said:

PS4

Xbox One

If this was true, I'd rather play the Xbox One version.  Berzerk is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqWRACk2zY

Nitpick all you want, I know it's YouTube but judging by this video from Digital Foundry Battlefield 4 on the One looks more satisfying. So it's that vs PS4's more stable framerate IMO.

ChristianTheAtheist said:

the complexity of the texture on the sleeve is also prety similar but the colors on the X1 version are closer therefore the texture appears to be much more simple than it really is.

No texture is more complex than the other on the sleeve.
They both use different camo's.
The Xbox One is using the 3 colour desert camo whilst the Playstation 4 is using Multicam.
It's not a difference that comes down to technical differences in the underlying hardware, it's more or less either randomised in-game or one where the user can change the camo outfit on their specific soldier.
The Op is way off and wrong on that point.

Besides, I thought it was common knowledge that didn't need actuall confirmation that Multi-platforms will be superior on the Playstation 4 compared to the Xbox One from a graphics perspective? (Ops words, not mine!) Much akin to how it's common knowledge that the Playstation 4 is inferior to the PC.
However, the differences across all platforms, is pretty minimal, with the exception of framerates and resolution where PC > PS4 > Xbox One, I think any gamer would be happy with the games image quality regardless of system they end up with.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

All you guys posting comparisons are killing me, I can't stop laughing. XD

Mean but funny. Lol

To be honest I don't think the average consumer is going to care if the differences generally tend to be like this.

MS' marketing just needs to tune it up and they need to get the price down asap.

TheHunt3r_Orion said:

That's from Eurogamer.

Yeah, that's def. 50%.

PS4 & X1 worse than WiiU confirmed. Mario Kart Wii U is 1080p. Wii U is the only true next-gen console. Long live Wii U.

walsufnir said:
TheHunt3r_Orion said:

That's from Eurogamer.

Yeah, that's def. 50%.

IT is certainly harder to tell on two 8 inch images, easy to tell on a 52 inch TV, which is what ill be playing on.