By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

We can now conclude Multiplatform games have.....

• Superior resolution on PS4
  • Higher and more stable Frame rate on PS4
  • Smoother anti-aliasing on PS4
  • Missing textures on Xbox One

Notice the Xbox One version is missing the clouds in the background, and the left sleeve is missing an entire texture. If you right-click and copy-paste the URL into your browser to view the full size image of this, you will also notice drastic anti-aliasing problems with the Xbox One picture. 

Anti-Aliasing....

Xbox One version looks better than expected. It certainly isn't bad. But it's clear PS4 is superior in certain aspects (resolution, frame rate, anti-aliasing, textures)

Around the Network

well, is not a surprise, but some people here will not believe

Click HERE and be happy 

Alright guys. I am back. We have a cluster fuck on our hands.

Polygon is reporting PS4 is 900p and X1 is 720p.
CVG is reporting PS4 is 1080p and X1 is embargoed.
Kevin Dent is reporting X1 is 1080p native as demoed earlier today.
Youtube sites are saying X1 version is 1080p.
Youtubes sites are also saying PS4 is 1080p.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck happened. We're gonna have to wait further it seems until all this shit is sorted out. No one seems to be on the money.

That's from Eurogamer.

Of course one would come to that conclusion when they are selective about what they choose to believe and show in their argument. Lets take the Heli pic for example There is a brown building far out behind the butt of the gun, it looks much better in the X1 shots. PS4 shots look blurry and washed out. There seems to be more detail in the X1 version.

Around the Network
TheHunt3r_Orion said:

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck happened. We're gonna have to wait further it seems until all this shit is sorted out. No one seems to be on the money.

I fully believe PS4 is 900p and Xbox is 720p.

Digital Foundry confirmed that as well, and they're the best when it comes to graphics and technical aspects of games. 

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ListerOfSmeg said:
Of course one would come to that conclusion when they are selective about what they choose to believe and show in their argument. Lets take the Heli pic for example There is a brown building far out behind the butt of the gun, it looks much better in the X1 shots. PS4 shots look blurry and washed out. There seems to be more detail in the X1 version.

9087 said:
TheHunt3r_Orion said:

I fully believe PS4 is 900p and Xbox is 720p.

Digital Foundry confirmed that as well, and they're the best when it comes to graphics and technical aspects of games. 

I cannot blindly believe Digital Foundary just yet. Everyone seems to have a different answer. Everyone. So, it is premature to believe what DF says. Like I said, wait. I believe on Wednesday that Microsoft is having PC gamers play MP on X1 in London. We will find out then. Based on that tidbit alone, I believe X1 is at least 1080p upscaled from 900p. But I could be wrong. Everyone could be wrong. I don't know. I just don't know. No one can claim they know after this cluster fuck.

Yeah, I don't know if we should judge all multiplats by one title. But on the other hand, it was to be expected. The next few weeks are gonna be very interesting,

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.