By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

PS4 sells 300.000.000 confirmed.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
9087 said:
sunK1D said:
Every time I think about ordering a PS4 I get reminded not to thanks to threads like this one.

Yup, because strangers on the internet should influence the way you spend your money. 

I can only assume what I see here and on other sites is representative of the type of people I'd be interecting with on PSN. How accurate is that? No clue, but thanks to threads like this I may never find out. Potentially my loss, but also one for Sony.

Not saying tards don't exist on XBL/PC but threads like this don't give me a reason to switch over either.

sunK1D said:
9087 said:
sunK1D said:
Every time I think about ordering a PS4 I get reminded not to thanks to threads like this one.

Yup, because strangers on the internet should influence the way you spend your money. 

I can only assume what I see here and on other sites is representative of the type of people I'd be interecting with on PSN. How accurate is that? No clue, but thanks to threads like this I may never find out. Potentially my loss, but also one for Sony.

Not saying tards don't exist on XBL/PC but threads like this don't give me a reason to switch over either.

LOL??? 

I am one person. There are about 80 million others on PSN. 

TheHunt3r_Orion said:
Alright guys. I am back. We have a cluster fuck on our hands.

Polygon is reporting PS4 is 900p and X1 is 720p.
CVG is reporting PS4 is 1080p and X1 is embargoed.
Kevin Dent is reporting X1 is 1080p native as demoed earlier today.
Youtube sites are saying X1 version is 1080p.
Youtubes sites are also saying PS4 is 1080p.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck happened. We're gonna have to wait further it seems until all this shit is sorted out. No one seems to be on the money.

Can you list these youtubers? Because the official @JackFrags said 900p vs 720p too.

Kevin Dent is denial because he posted 1080p before the embargo out and after the confirmation he can't assume that... there are a change his source messed up with him too.

CVG I belive didn't know the difference between native and upscalled.

PS. I want to see the PS4 version in 1080p but I don't believe.

Can someone please explain why the Xbox One version looks so overly dark? It's like they put a filter on and turned the contrast way up. It looks so....cartoony. 

The PS4 version in comparison looks natural and realistic. 

Around the Network
9087 said:

Can someone please explain why the Xbox One version looks so overly dark? It's like they put a filter on and turned the contrast way up. It looks so....cartoony. 

The PS4 version in comparison looks natural and realistic. 

Now which version is missing textures? :p

The Digital Foundry analysis stated that the textures on the ground and the arms of the player character were randomised/arranged differently between platforms and that neither was superior. The OP should be amended with his info.

PS4 may actually look better overall, when all is said and done, but you have to be careful when comparing realtime pics. I remember when L.A. Noire came out and there was a PS3/360 comparison showing the 360 version with no reflections on a patrol car. 360 had those reflections but it wasn't evident in pics.

That camo, for instance. Both look like camouflage I've seen in real life. Perhaps they can customize their characters GTAV style and chose a different uniform. Grasping at straws, maybe. We just have to keep an open mind for a few more weeks.

9087 said:

We can now conclude Multiplatform games have.....

• Superior resolution on PS4
  • Higher and more stable Frame rate on PS4
  • Smoother anti-aliasing on PS4
  • Missing textures on Xbox One

Notice the Xbox One version is missing the clouds in the background, and the left sleeve is missing an entire texture. If you right-click and copy-paste the URL into your browser to view the full size image of this, you will also notice drastic anti-aliasing problems with the Xbox One picture. 

Anti-Aliasing....

Xbox One version looks better than expected. It certainly isn't bad. But it's clear PS4 is superior in certain aspects (resolution, frame rate, anti-aliasing, textures)

We can now conclude that, in this ONE instance in ONE game that there's a difference....maybe.  I'm not saying you're wrong.  Hell, you're probably right.  Just don't be so quick to assume because it makes an ass out of Yumi or something.

The IGN video show a clear difference between both... the MP part is massive.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

Wow, just wow. Talk about being in a hurry just to type the word CONFIRMED in big, bold letters :). The difference is miniscule at best in the initial batch, and in the latest pic by the op, the X1 seems to have superior detail. If this is what all the fuss is about from the PS poster boys, I am not worried in the least :).