By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Puppyroach said:
Wow, just wow. Talk about being in a hurry just to type the word CONFIRMED in big, bold letters :). The difference is miniscule at best in the initial batch, and in the latest pic by the op, the X1 seems to have superior detail. If this is what all the fuss is about from the PS poster boys, I am not worried in the least :).

This is what you have ignored. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
TheHunt3r_Orion said:

That's from Eurogamer.

Yeah, that's def. 50%.

IT is certainly harder to tell on two 8 inch images, easy to tell on a 52 inch TV, which is what ill be playing on. 

So the textures of Xbone version will be even sharper? Man, I need such a big TV, too.

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

IT is certainly harder to tell on two 8 inch images, easy to tell on a 52 inch TV, which is what ill be playing on. 

So the textures of Xbone version will be even sharper? Man, I need such a big TV, too.

You should which ever version is prettier you wont get the proper benefit without a big TV :)

You crush images down to a small size, you will struggle to see any differences. 

chris0409 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqWRACk2zY

Nitpick all you want, I know it's YouTube but judging by this video from Digital Foundry Battlefield 4 on the One looks more satisfying. So it's that vs PS4's more stable framerate IMO.

Watched this video and I think xbox one looks better.  Both are close but xbox one is better.  Also since this video shows this clearly,  someone should post a opposite thread.  Confirmed video shows xbox one superior.  Really it's way to early to tell. I have yet to see something that looks as good as ryse on ps4. 

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

You should which ever version is prettier you wont get the proper benefit without a big TV :)

You crush images down to a small size, you will struggle to see any differences. 

I don't struggle to see the differences, they are quite obvious in this pic.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

Very good, well done for cherry picking one picture, but as the Digital foundry states in reference to the PS4 "Nevertheless the image in motion is clearly the superior of the two" 

and i dont know about you but i pretty much always play games in motion, ive never been one for trying to complete a game while its paused. 

Erm...to me both versions look great, there's not much in it and we are still behind PC (but pretty close). And so I ask, what's the big deal? Reviewers won't care which one has an extra cloud in the background in certain scenes, nor will they care if there's a small texture difference. They'll care how it lookhoverall, and that's currently amazing.

When you're playing the game, you're never gonna notice these tiny differences, and why would you care anyway? You're gonna be playing the game on your shiny new console, which you'll have sunk over £400 in. These small differences are insignificant to the clear step up on offer overall.

As far as I'm concerned, the only people this affects are those die-hards who are set on proving one system is better or worse than another, so much so to potentially ruin the fun of a new game, and new console, launch. It's what causes massive threads full of huge quote trees of tiny, insignificant faults in order to try and one-up the supporter of another system. And that's fine, I enjoy a hearty debate probably more than the next person. But at the end of the day, both versions of the game look amazing. And I know I'm going to enjoy it, regardless of what platform I get it on. Why more people can't just think the same way is a mystery to me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I made a account just to say. I will not buy ps4 because of its online community. Was going to until the last few months of non-Stop chest pounding and fist waiving. Yet the difference is a joke and from the video I saw ps4 looks worse. No matter ryse looks by far the best so far.

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
TheHunt3r_Orion said:

That's from Eurogamer.

Yeah, that's def. 50%.

No actually it's easy.  Xbox one looks better. Way better, specially in this pic. 

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

I'm sure nobody struggles to see framerate and stability differences between the machines either. Don't know about you but I don't play a shooter at anyless than 60fps, and god forbid certainly not at the framerates xbox put out. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz