By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

IT is certainly harder to tell on two 8 inch images, easy to tell on a 52 inch TV, which is what ill be playing on. 

So the textures of Xbone version will be even sharper? Man, I need such a big TV, too.

You should which ever version is prettier you wont get the proper benefit without a big TV :)

You crush images down to a small size, you will struggle to see any differences. 

I don't struggle to see the differences, they are quite obvious in this pic.

Very good, well done for cherry picking one picture, but as the Digital foundry states in reference to the PS4 "Nevertheless the image in motion is clearly the superior of the two" 

and i dont know about you but i pretty much always play games in motion, ive never been one for trying to complete a game while its paused. 

Man, you are clearly into wars and seem to lack a sense of humor, currently. Relax, it's just gaming and making a little bit fun of you.

Around the Network
allblue said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

IT is certainly harder to tell on two 8 inch images, easy to tell on a 52 inch TV, which is what ill be playing on. 

So the textures of Xbone version will be even sharper? Man, I need such a big TV, too.

You should which ever version is prettier you wont get the proper benefit without a big TV :)

You crush images down to a small size, you will struggle to see any differences. 

I'm sure nobody struggles to see framerate and stability differences between the machines either. Don't know about you but I don't play a shooter at anyless than 60fps, and god forbid certainly not at the framerates xbox put out. 

And another warrior... Guys, what's going on? It's obviously only one picture and not in motion. No reason to go into fight-mode when I obviously making jokes about all this stupid comparisons. Man... Do you even have fun while gaming?

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

Very good, well done for cherry picking one picture, but as the Digital foundry states in reference to the PS4 "Nevertheless the image in motion is clearly the superior of the two" 

and i dont know about you but i pretty much always play games in motion, ive never been one for trying to complete a game while its paused. 

Man, you are clearly into wars and seem to lack a sense of humor, currently. Relax, it's just gaming and making a little bit fun of you.

:) im fine 

Its hard to tell whos joking and whose not, it clearly looked like you were hanging on to that one screen shot as if it was the only proof that mattered in determining which will look better. 

I gave up caring along time ago, and i certainly dont care for BF4, ive never liked any of them and i have played them. Which works out well for me, because this is the only title thats not 1080p on PS4, so the ones i will be picking from should look even better :)

Honestly, I was expecting a bigger difference, but maybe they are simply holding ps4 down for more similar versions. I will play both today at BGS, so I will see difference live...

so from the OP I learned PC has best AA with less jaggies. So PC is where to go if you want to avoid all the console war drama.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Well we have to wait and see for more multiplats and see how they turn out.  What if people said all PS3 multiplats are inferior to 360 ones and based it only on Bayonetta.

well they did exactly that. The urban myth was that generally 360 multiplats were overall better and usually two example were given Bayonetta and GTA IV. All those games that were better on PS3 never existed.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Vectrex still wins.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

eFKac said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Well we have to wait and see for more multiplats and see how they turn out.  What if people said all PS3 multiplats are inferior to 360 ones and based it only on Bayonetta.

well they did exactly that. The urban myth was that generally 360 multiplats were overall better and usually two example were given Bayonetta and GTA IV. All those games that were better on PS3 never existed.

It all depended on perspective. The main difference was the consoles handled stress under different conditions. The PS3 would slowdown the FPS and the 360 would screen tear. Wich one was best was down to personal preferance.

Having both i ended up hating screen tearing has it was alot more noticeable than fps slowdown, despite what some people would have you believe.

With that said, im gonna play devils advocate and say this isnt a big deal. The difference from current gen to next gen is the important factor here. Will this improvement justify and investment of 400-500? Thats the real question.

Uhm.....maybe it's just me.....but I think the X1 version looks significantly sharper. PS4 version seems rather washed out. Seems very similar to the PS360 differences.

Anyway, both look good, and it's nice to finally see that the Playstation's "massive" power advantage is nothing an Xbx owner really needs to worry about.

Angelus said:
Uhm.....maybe it's just me.....but I think the X1 version looks significantly sharper. PS4 version seems rather washed out. Seems very similar to the PS360 differences.

Anyway, both look good, and it's nice to finally see that the Playstation's "massive" power advantage is nothing an Xbx owner really needs to worry about.

I'm afraid you didnt look very well. Theres lower res texture and things totally missing aswell as overall lower FPS. Not that i think its huge, but its definitly more noticeable than 360 to PS3.