By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Azzanation said:
Why do fanboys claim they have the superior version of the game (PS4) when they don't (PC)

I was just about to type that lol. Last time I checked the superior version is on PC. 

Around the Network
attaboy said:

Whoa there, little buck-a-roo!  I got a 360 (and PS3) and I've had a blast every year!  

Surely, its possible other people have a different opinion. ;)

NobleTeam360 said:
Azzanation said:
Why do fanboys claim they have the superior version of the game (PS4) when they don't (PC)

I was just about to type that lol. Last time I checked the superior version is on PC. 

Its like watching 2 lemons drag race while a Bugatti sits on the side lines watching.

Too_Talls said:

Interesting, you see these games as a gen apart? gta vice city vs gta IV. those two are a gen apart. and you don't have to put on glasses take a screen shot and zoom in to see why. the upcoming gen and the current gen in terms of graphics arent a gen apart as the standard of being a gen apart has been established. slightly improved graphics is all this next gen gets. some current gen titles will look better than some next gen games. I don't think that has ever been the case in gereration  skips.

I don't see Battlefield 4 as a gen apart. I am talking about a different case. You also do not need to take a screenshot and zoom in to tell the difference. Resolution is quite important if you are playing in front of a tv, at 720p there are jaggies everywhere. The advantages of smoother framerate is also not up for debate. You can't really tell these advantages when you look at them in a small window with a maximum of 30fps. You actually need to play it. Everything else is pretty much the same since it is the same game. 

Azzanation said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Azzanation said:

Its like watching 2 lemons drag race while a Bugatti sits on the side lines watching.

I WOKE UP IN A NEW BUGATTI!

Around the Network

Xbox One version looks significantly better even though it's at a lower resolution. What's up with the blur and poor textures on the PS4, is it a system issue?

Legend11 said:

Xbox One version looks significantly better even though it's at a lower resolution. What's up with the blur and poor textures on the PS4, is it a system issue?

lol

BF4 may have better graphics on the PS4 but it seems to me that the new reputation system on the One that is suppose to keep jerks away add a bigger value to the game than this negligeable difference in graphics quality.

So superior in graphics maybe, but overall it is a matter of opinion.

9087 said:

Can someone please explain why the Xbox One version looks so overly dark? It's like they put a filter on and turned the contrast way up. It looks so....cartoony. 

The PS4 version in comparison looks natural and realistic. 

It seems to be exactly like the 360. PC and PS3 versions would usually have identical contrast, but 360 would be considerably darker.

brendude13 said:
9087 said:

Can someone please explain why the Xbox One version looks so overly dark? It's like they put a filter on and turned the contrast way up. It looks so....cartoony. 

The PS4 version in comparison looks natural and realistic. 

It seems to be exactly like the 360. PC and PS3 versions would usually have identical contrast, but 360 would be considerably darker.

I notice the x1's looks better here.

Pints to focus on it deatail on the gun, ridges that aren't visible on the PS4 frame.

* veins on some of the guys arms also invisible on the PS4 

* and the ground, the rocks on the floor look flat on the Ps4.

I stand by what I have been saying in those details would not be noticable while actually playing. this is just an example of a screenshot that looks better on the one. the ironic thing is it was posted by soeone trying to pass off the ps4 frame as better looking because of the light. how should the lighting be in this case? what happened before this frame? maybe the setting they are in calls for it to be dark.

I do remember also 360 games being darking than ps3 games regularly though.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)