By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Xenostar said:
Funny people saying show me 50% difference, 720p vs 900p is a 50% difference in pixels by itself, add on the better frame rate your now passing 50%.

Also strange people are so intent in arguing over the lowest res PS4 launch title, i know its the first comparison, but god knows how bad these threads will get when COD videos come out.

Well, I think we can be sure to see you there

Around the Network

Nope. From what I've seen the Xbox version looks much, much better. You can't measure pixes, but you can certainly measure textures, and thats what the XBO version is far superior on.

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
Funny people saying show me 50% difference, 720p vs 900p is a 50% difference in pixels by itself, add on the better frame rate your now passing 50%.

Also strange people are so intent in arguing over the lowest res PS4 launch title, i know its the first comparison, but god knows how bad these threads will get when COD videos come out.

Well, I think we can be sure to see you there

Probably i quite enjoy seeing these arguments play out, when i want sensible discussion about games, i just talk with my friends or collegues. 

Im sure you will be there too. 

PC gaming rig also impresses lots of girls............

as long as the game is not avail for the massess it's all photoshop to me :)

Around the Network

Not interested in battlefield in the slightest. what I can see from video comparisons trying to be unbiased is there are times the ps4 looks better and other times when the xbox one looks better. so overall it's the same.

screen shot comparisons, once again some have the xbox one looking better some have the ps4 looking better all have the PC looking better than both. Though the pictures most people decide to use shows images where their desired console looks better. Some people are labeled, I have under 100 comments and I might already be label and disregarded by some people.

My verdict is, Find a better reason to choose one system over the other than graphics because the difference (if any) isn't big enough.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Well, looking at the video side by side, I cant tell a difference personally.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

DirtyP2002 said:
michael_stutzer said:

Technical gap is smaller than ps3-360 where the resolutions were almost always the same and the framerate differences were 2-3 FPS at best, while we see 50% more pixels and 40% better framerate between ps4-xbox1. Some people really live in a fantasy world. 

Yeah, because the number of pixels define how good the visuals are...
Wipeout HD is the best looking PS3 game CONFIRMED!

Ninja Gaiden II ran at 60FPS, The Last of Us had only 30 FPS. Ninja Gaiden II has better visuals. #fact!

The only people living in a fantasy world are the ones that try to see the PS4 like the PC version on Ultra settings.
This ONE GAME looks almost identical. No differences you would actually notice during gameplay. Xbox One seems to have better textures, PS4 seems to have better AA.

The differences between both consoles will be tiny and BF4 proves me right.

No reasoning, just facts:

Seriously, you don't know what you are talking about. First you claimed that the technical differences between the consoles is the smallest ever. The resolution and framerate are the key things to measure the technical differences since everything else are made in parity (not the artstyle) this is a multiplatform game afterall. Yet we now know that ps4 produces almost 60% MORE pixels with a much HIGHER framerate. The fact that ps4 is actually outperforms xbone by MORE than 50%  is actually surprising. The comparisons you used are rubbish and doesn't applicable to this case. Ninja Gaiden has a higher framerate than the Last of Us, sure but the games share absolutely nothing. We are talking about the SAME game here. 

This confirms that An exclusive ps4 game that has a resolution and framerate parity with a xbone exclusive (let's say 720p and 30fps) will look a gen apart lol. 

gergroy said:
Well, looking at the video side by side, I cant tell a difference personally.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

This is what is important. Pictures are irrelevent unless people get games to pause and observe. 

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Too_Talls said:

This is what is important. Pictures are irrelevent unless people get games to pause and observe.

I just expect the things looks like the video because aliasing in motion in your TV is a big difference... no compressed video will show that.