By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Xenostar said:
Funny people saying show me 50% difference, 720p vs 900p is a 50% difference in pixels by itself, add on the better frame rate your now passing 50%.

I think the distinction here is between "50% more powerful" and "looks 50% better".

We're at the point of diminishing returns when it comes to video game graphics, where you need five times the power to look two times as good.

Those of us who examine this stuff in minute detail notice the differences, but for most it's not really noticeable.

Around the Network

Here is the issue with people screaming there is parity

Both the ps4 and xone have comparable graphics in the videos. In single player they nearly look the same.

What people fail to realise is that ps4 is doing it at a 50% higher resolution with anti aliasing.

If dice took the ps4 version and reduced the resolution 50% and maxed out the card like it
Did here, the ps4 version would have utterly destroyed the xone in terms of textures, aa, particle effects and lighting etc due to the extra power it got from the reduced resolution. The only way dice could have made the game look the same is to up the resolution of the ps4 higher than the xone

Somebody really saw the video? Well, from what I saw Xbox One version looks slightly better, but if one version is better than the other, the difference is still minimal.
In this type of discussion, the reason go trough the window and the arguments are all passionate and untruth in the major part.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

DF really messed up with their PS4 screenshots, look at this GIF (better in full screen). PS4 is much more sharper than XOne. Not at all like on those DF images.

soclone said:
I made a account just to say. I will not buy ps4 because of its online community. Was going to until the last few months of non-Stop chest pounding and fist waiving. Yet the difference is a joke and from the video I saw ps4 looks worse. No matter ryse looks by far the best so far.

Playstation fans are doing it right now with the launch of the console.  Xbox fans have been doing it for seven years every time there's a game with marginable differences.  There are games like Skyrim, Bayonetta, and Dead Island which are the rare good but omfg those are some awful ports, but then there is everything where the differences are near unnoticeable. 

I think it's hypocritical stating that only the Playstation community is doing this.  Even the Nintendo community has done the same with the few games on the Wii U that look better than the 360 and PS3 versions.  You may as well avoid all three consoles if you're so uptight about the community bashing consoles that aren't their favorites.   

Around the Network

People are saying that the PS4 has better AA, when the article says that the AA is the same in all versions. The PS4 has less ALIASING, not better AA, due to the higher resolution.

What I've taken from the comparisons so far:

-The PS4 version performs better.
-The scaler on the Xbox One is damn good. And somehow it makes the textures look better too.

curl-6 said:
Xenostar said:
Funny people saying show me 50% difference, 720p vs 900p is a 50% difference in pixels by itself, add on the better frame rate your now passing 50%.

I think the distinction here is between "50% more powerful" and "looks 50% better".

We're at the point of diminishing returns when it comes to video game graphics, where you need five times the power to look two times as good.

Those of us who examine this stuff in minute detail notice the differences, but for most it's not really noticeable.

Totally agree, if your not a VideoPhile with a big screen setup you aint gonna notice as long as framerates are close enough to equal. 

I think 90% of my posts today have come from this thread but I gotta admit, I've never played a single Battlefield game or ever cared to.

newton said:
People are saying that the PS4 has better AA, when the article says that the AA is the same in all versions. The PS4 has less ALIASING, not better AA, due to the higher resolution.

What I've taken from the comparisons so far:

-The PS4 version performs better.
-The scaler on the Xbox One is damn good. And somehow it makes the textures look better too.

The difference in "texture look better" is due the Digital Foundry issues with video capture... they even said that in the article and after that a employee confirmed they did some mistake.

It is not related to the scaler.

Just look at any picture or videos outside Digital Foundry and compare.

Honestly though, I'm now most interested to see how the Kinect integration will work lol.