By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the Superior Version of Battlefield 4

Around the Network

For comparison i have taken the xbox one version (left) and adjusted the brightness of the ps4 version (right) to match the video settings used on the xbox one capture, then applied the same sharpen process that the xbox ones hardware upscaler applies to image it upscales, this gives a very accurate comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/Vq3QTR5.jpg

Texture details extremely similar, only more defined on the PS4 with resolution, and the bump maps on the xbox one more defined because of the pumped up gamma levels, with the consoles images adjusted in brigtness to more accurately match what they actually look like, when captured with the same hardware, you see that the ground texture has vertical scratch marks on both versions, but those vertical scatches are of much higher resolution on the PS4.
The rock textures on the flat ground are entirely different for the reason i explained in my previous post, with enough play throughs you would end up with similar but potentially not identical layouts - i see no real benefit of doing this beyond preventing direct comparisons however, and i have a sneaking suspicion that the use of randomly generated ground textures and camo is directly associated with player clothing being used as the benchmark in almost all graphics comparisons.

Captain_Tom said:
attaboy said:
ghettoglamour said:
The 2 pics of the singleplayer from Eurogamer look better on X1 honestly.

Exactly what I'd expect to hear from an Xbox One fanyboy.

*reports*

People need to understand that the methods they are using to show the footage (Like youtube) couldn't even fairly compare PS3 and 360.  Thus on next gen these "Video comparisons" are completely pointless.

All you can do is hopefully download an uncompressed version of the video in full 1080p.  Otherwise the words of the people who saw it first hand are all we have to go on, and they say the PS4 is clearly superior.  #Dealwithit

I was just kidding.  He had a Playstation related Avatar and Signature.  I do that kind of stuff a lot.  Just trying to have fun with this site. :)

Todos os vídeos postados por JackFrags no YouTube.

PS4 Multoplayer
Operation Locker
Paracel Storm
Dawnbraker
Flood Zone
Rogue Transmission
Siege of Shanghai
Lancang Dam
Zavod 331

XBO Singleplayer
Fishing in Baku
Shanghai
South China Sea
Singapore
Kunlun Mountains
Tashgar
Suez

Por enquanto são os melhores vídeos (em termos de qualidade do vídeo) encontrados na web.

Not surprised at all that the Ps4 has the better graphics but I am surprised by the big difference between the two. At least from the picture in the OP it seems like a pretty big graphical difference. There should be a PS4/XOne/PS3/X360 comparison picture to compare next gen to last gen. That would be interesting.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network
FatedReality said:

Not surprised at all that the Ps4 has the better graphics but I am surprised by the big difference between the two. At least from the picture in the OP it seems like a pretty big graphical difference. There should be a PS4/XOne/PS3/X360 comparison picture to compare next gen to last gen. That would be interesting.

if you look at actual video it is much harder to tell a difference.  I had a hard time seeing any difference with the game in motion.  Plus, these are still pre launch builds which aren't even playing on actual consumer hardware.  Ps4 version will look better ,that is for sure, but I don't think still frame captures and super zoomed in pictures really give you an accurate view of what the game will actually look like when you are playing it.  Maybe it is just me, but I care more about how the game looks in motion...

KylieDog said:
soclone said:
KylieDog said:
soclone said:
I made a account just to say. I will not buy ps4 because of its online community. Was going to until the last few months of non-Stop chest pounding and fist waiving. Yet the difference is a joke and from the video I saw ps4 looks worse. No matter ryse looks by far the best so far.

Do you not leave your house ever because there are assholes in the world?

How does me not wanting to play with a bunch of Assholes convert into real life?  what a Jump you made. Lol

Is no more a jump than forming an opinion of a userbase of tens of millions on a couple people in a thread.

But you were never going to buy a PS4 anyway.  Drop the farce.

I would like to ad, it's EA. Which has no bottom. If a game can be screwed up, No matter the system, it would be them. Personally they both have flaws and look identical. Xbox one looking a little better.

gergroy said:
FatedReality said:

if you look at actual video it is much harder to tell a difference.  I had a hard time seeing any difference with the game in motion.  Plus, these are still pre launch builds which aren't even playing on actual consumer hardware.  Ps4 version will look better ,that is for sure, but I don't think still frame captures and super zoomed in pictures really give you an accurate view of what the game will actually look like when you are playing it.  Maybe it is just me, but I care more about how the game looks in motion...

True, after I searched around and looked at some other pictures the graphicale diffrence is barley notice able as I orginally thought it was going to be. I havent seen a video yet though. 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Frequency said:
For comparison i have taken the xbox one version (left) and adjusted the brightness of the ps4 version (right) to match the video settings used on the xbox one capture, then applied the same sharpen process that the xbox ones hardware upscaler applies to image it upscales, this gives a very accurate comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/Vq3QTR5.jpg

Texture details extremely similar, only more defined on the PS4 with resolution, and the bump maps on the xbox one more defined because of the pumped up gamma levels, with the consoles images adjusted in brigtness to more accurately match what they actually look like, when captured with the same hardware, you see that the ground texture has vertical scratch marks on both versions, but those vertical scatches are of much higher resolution on the PS4.
The rock textures on the flat ground are entirely different for the reason i explained in my previous post, with enough play throughs you would end up with similar but potentially not identical layouts - i see no real benefit of doing this beyond preventing direct comparisons however, and i have a sneaking suspicion that the use of randomly generated ground textures and camo is directly associated with player clothing being used as the benchmark in almost all graphics comparisons.

actually you are the altering the image. The original video (unaltered, unedited direct capture) is "what they will actually look like". Not the one  you altered to make the PS4 look better.

Sad that PS4 defenders are editing GIFs in mass (I think every gif comparison has been altered to favor the PS4 until proved otherwise) to get us to notice any tiny difference, but that they have too says it all I think. There's almost no difference.